What's the single best decision about money you've made?

0 0

Creating a budget! Knowing where my money goes is the best decision I could have ever made.

0
0 24

Deciding to take our debt seriously and pay it off. After more than 10 years of unsecured debt, we have all of it paid off and the feeling is incredible.

0
2 0

Not using credit cards, period. We use cash for nearly everything. With cash, you can see the damage as it’s done and get control of yourself!

0
0 0

To learn to save it where I can and not feel guilty when I splurge because I have saved so much.

0
0 8

Learning to coupon to save money we didn't have to spend to begin with.

0
3 25

The single best decision I have made about money is to be frugal and get the most out of my money. Money doesn't grow on trees and with the way this economy is, it's important to stretch those dollars. I make sure to use my coupons and save anywhere I can, remember every little bit helps!

0
1 0

By being very aggressive with our mortgage we will own our home in less than 10 years outright.

0
0 0

The single best decision I ever made about saving money was, to not sacrifice quality for a cheaper price. I can shop high end stores and pay the same as I would at a national chain box retailer. Plus the quality of the items i get will last a lot longer therefore saving me even more in the end.

As a family of women I had to become creative since my daughters are very brand specific. When my girls were younger they both loved Justice clothing store. To many and myself that store can be extremely expensive. I studied their sale practices and used it to my advantage a lot. Justice every month puts out a 40% off coupon on the internet or in their advertisements to home. I only ever purchased on that coupon. In addition they always have a spend $50.00 get $25.00 in Justice bucks to spend next month. I loved shopping there! I would also only buy jeans that were traditional styles and not seasonal. This would allow my girls to be season trendy with their tops. I always bought jeans off the clearance rack at 50% off the mark down price.

Now that my girls are older they continue their brand specific ways. I call them BRAND DIVAS. Now, they brought my savings challenge to an all new level. They wanted Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister and Victoria Secret.
So lets start with Abercrombie and Fitch for kids. If you really look at their styles from season to season they are very similar. The t-shirts retail for $22.00 full price. After 2 months in the store they will mark them down to $12.00 and place them in the clearance area. On a regular cycle Abercrombie and Fitch will have a 40% off your entire purchase or a 50% off the red line sale. I will end up with a $100.00 outfit for my daughter for just $25.00. Hollister is owned by Abercrombie and Fitch so the sales cycles are the same even down to the day they have the sale and type of sale.

Now Victoria Secret, the store I struggle with the most. We shop they're yearly semi-annual sales and we also participate on any and all store giveaways. This is one I am not a master at yet. But, I guarantee it will come soon.

Another store we frequent is Old Navy. We live for their flip flop sale where they are $1.00 a pair. They also have a $2.00 tank sale and various other GREAT on e day sales. Keep an eye out for their clearance sales also. you can score ladies shirts for less than $3.00.

Never settle on quality. You deserve the best! Just keep your eyes open for sales and special discounts. You would be amazed what you can find.

0
0 0

Honestly, the best single decision that I've made about money was starting my blog, Alicia's Deals. I've always loved a bargain, but when I started paying really close attention to prices, I was amazed at how much I was saving. I figured out that I spend less than half of what I did pre-Alicia's Deals just being keenly aware of how much things should cost. I was pretty frugal before, now I actually feel like our family does more spending less! The great deals I find for the blog help my family (and my readers) "live life better for less".

0
0 0

The single best decision about money made was to pay my house off early. I have always searched for bargains and used coupons to save money. But the best decision was to tighten up, live frugally, and pay the house off early. My husband and I refinanced for a lower interest rate, paid extra each month, and completely paid our house off in 10 years. Knowing that our children would soon be heading to college and facing huge tuition and living expenses led us to this decision. We now have one out of college, one in his senior year, and our 13 year old heading to college in 5 years. Not having to pay a house payment while paying college expenses for my oldest children has allowed us to save for the youngest one.

0
0 0

We've never gone into debt to buy anything besides our home.

0
0 0

I made the decision to marry for love and not for money. It was the best decision I ever made. We have worked hard to spend wisely and make Dollars out of Change.

0
0 0

The best decision I have made about money is to give to others. It has been such a blessing to teach my children the joy of giving to others and discovering how our needs will be met when we put others first.

0
0 0

To start saving it! I remember the days where I was spending $200-$300 like every 2 weeks at Walmart. When I was teaching myself how to coupon I started off just clipping the stuff I always use and started to notice $50-$100 savings each trip and it just blossomed from there! Now I go to Walmart like every other month and it's for the "Clair's necessaries" that I can't get any other place or get them on sale lol

0
0 0

The best decision we've made about money so far is to be selfish. We don't mean in a bad way. We simply mean that we know that every penny counts. We actually feel that being a giving person is one of the best ways to experience financial freedom, but by being selfish with your money, you suddenly realize that every dollar counts. Not paying full price for items, whether it is the jar of peanut butter at the grocery store, or that pair of shoes you've been wanting, is being selfish with your money. A penny here, and a penny there adds up to dollars, and then those dollars turn into paying off cars, and homes, and student loans. Being selfish really does pay off.

0
1 0

The best decision I ever made about money was to pay attention to it - knowing exactly what comes in and what goes out. Without that information, the money we worked so hard for was slipping through our fingers like water through a tin horn. It was easy to nickle and dime ourselves, spending more than we thought we were. Once I had a pulse on our spending, I created a budget.
This is imperative when you have a family and it's not as daunting as you think.

Once I set a budget, I stuck to it. I didn't want to be a slave to money, I wanted to be the master! After a while, it became somewhat of a game to find different ways to save money.

0
0 0

The single best decision I have made about money is, "No Cash - No buy! ". If don't have the cash to purchase something, I don't purchase it. It sounds simple but it takes a lot to actually execute this philosophy, especially if you are use to charging things. I also think twice before I buy. If I go to the mall and there is something I "must have" I don't buy it-- instead I go home and think about it. 9 out of 10 times I don't end up going back to the store to get the item which leads me to the realization that my '1-2 think' rule saves me from a lot of impulse buying!

0
0 16

Our single best decision that we made as a family about money is to pay off all debt - we have no credit cards, we pay extra money on our house every month and we set aside money each month towards a new car.

0
6 6

I think the single best decision I have made about money is to not have credit cards. My husband and I made a lot of bad decisions early on in our marriage with money and now we have learned that the best way to live is without credit cards. We only buy what we have cash for and if we don't have the cash for something, we save us so that we can buy what we need/want. It has made life a lot easier for us.

0
0 0

Signing up for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University! We now budget, use the envelope system, and haven't had any money fights - just budget meetings!

0
0 15

I have decided to purchase items with coupons and do small stockpiles. This as a general rule has been the best money decision I have made. My family uses only one type of laundry detergent, so when I can get it down with a sale and coupon I typically buy a few. I do the same for toiletries and things like hand soap. It is just one cabinet and one shelf in my laundry room so it is practical. I also do the same with diapers and keep them under the bed!

0
0 0

The single best money decision that I have made is to pay myself first. Sure, taxes and tithe come out each month before any money hits my hands, but I pay myself first from what is left. Meaning that, from every paycheck, money goes straight into my savings. I then use what is left for my budget each month. That allows me to have an emergency cash fund on hand for those unexpected expenses. If you plan on saving what is left each month, you will never have any savings. There will just never be any money left.

0
0 0

Don't buy anything until you can pay cash for it or pay off the credit card monthly.

0
0 0

The decision to take charge of my finances by determining ways to cut costs, find the best deals, negotiate rates, and learn couponing! I save thousands each year just by proper planning and money management.

0
2 0

To start paying closer attention to my credit report on a regular basis and to make decisions based on that.

0
0 0

The single best decision that I have made about I should be a good steward of the money that I have. This means that I tithe on 10%, trying to save and invest what I make by saving money using coupons and keeping a budget and keeping a portion of my money in a savings account and trying not to touch it as much as possible so it earns interest and making sure that we don't spend any more money than we have (I don't like to be in debt so any loans we have are interest-free and we pay them off regularly and my credit card is paid in full every month.)

0
0 0

It honestly is learning to use coupons. When I first learned to coupon, we were a single income (minimum wage) family with a baby on the way. Couponing showed me that we don't have to go without to make ends meet. Over the years, there have been times where we would have went hungry or dirty if it had not been for coupons and the deals I was able to get with them.

I genuinely love couponing, even though it's a lot of work. I have slowed down my own coupon usage some since I began blogging, but I still love the thrill that I get when I save 50% or more on items that my family needs.

0
0 0

The best decision I’ve made regarding money is to live on less than we make. It hasn’t always been easy and we haven’t always done it but it's worth the struggle. It is the single most important thing to do in order to build wealth and have a happy family life.

0