What's A Special Moment You've Shared With Your Baby Recently?

113 30

My son is almost 3 and doesnt speak due to health issues from birth. Today after church we went out to eat with some family and friends and i was telling him I love you by pointing to my eyes and then crossing my hands on my chest and then pointing to him. After a few moments of me doing this he looked at me and when I said, I, he pointed to his eyes, then I said, love, and he put his hand on his chest and the when I said, you, he reached out and grabed my arm. I felt so happy I wanted to cry. He may not be able to say I Love You but he shows me in many ways everyday.

23
72 4

When my 2 yr old daughter holds my face and names every part of it as she's kissing it. And then I say "I love you" and she says "You too."

8
16 0

I was out of town for a week and before hand i would always tell her i love her but she would never reply,....so while on my trip to see my fiance graduate from the military, i had a phone conversation with her and of course she didnt say much but at the end of the conversation i stated that i loved her snd she sed back (i wuvv yuh) (bye bye)...it was the best moment ever lol

8
8 7

Posting again because it just came to mind when my two year old saw me cry because i got emotional making my second son's 1st birthday invite, my two year old wiped my tears and said " don't cry momma"! Love this kid, he is so compassionate and wonderful he will be a magnificent man some day!

7
8 7

Watching my two boys interact is a joy. The big brother and littler brother bond is just magical especially when my 11 month old is crying my 2 yr old will be very concerned "Momma happened?" "Blaze crying" he then goes to try and carry his brother to me, obviously brother is to heavy so my 2 yr old find his little brothers pacifier and places it in his little bro's mouth! This moment was absolutely sublime!

7
2 11

You know the one thing that melts my heart is when my son snuggles up with me and tells me he loves he is so sweet

7
15 13

My oldest baby is 12 and she had begged me all week to have a sleepover with a bunch of her friends, 8 in total, I was hesitant but I agreed. So the day of I went grocery shopping for all of this food, and for a lot of little reasons the sleepover didn't happen. My daughter was disappointed, but not crushed like I thought she would be, she handled it very well in fact. She even came up to me gave me a hug and thanked me for getting all the groceries and for letting her have so many girls over. That was a very proud moment!!!

6
0 0

While giving my boys (3 yr old & 2 yr old) a bath this morning, as I was bathing them with the wash cloth, they were naming their body parts, I think it was really sweet. One was like "mommy don't forget my toes". Then the older one said "now they smell awesome". That was such a great moment, they make me so proud!

5
128 10

My son is almost 3, & the other night, he absolutely refused to go to bed. I kept getting really frusterated (I had so much homework & things to do around the house) Finally I sat down in the recliner & told him to climb up there with me. I swear, he fell asleep in less than 5 minutes. But by that time, I wasn't even tempted to put him in his bed. I just sat there & held him. He likes to cuddle once in awhile, but not often. He's almost 3, & has way too much energy to sit down for even 5 or 10 minutes at a time. It felt like it had been so long since I had just gotten to hold him. I sat there with him cuddled up on my lap asleep for almost 5 hours. It's moments like these that make me realize I am doing my job as a mommy right, & everything I'm going through is totally worth it!

4
3 0

When he reaches for my face and just puts his hand on my cheek... He's amazing and a real sweetheart!!!

4
7 0

On a first time flight for my 3 year old to Seattle. She looks at me reall mad as we taxi down the runway and says " Mom this Is driving not flying" as if I lied to her and that is all we were going to do! Then you should have seen the price look on her face as we took off! She held my hand really tight, as we banked hard to the left she let go and said "I don't need to hold hands is only flying !" like she does this every day!! Haha

3
0 0

My son is 6 months old. I just love it when he reaches out with both his hands and gently tries to pull my face close to his with the most loving smile. It seems like he is trying to kiss me but actually all he wants to do is softly nibble on my cheek with his gums.

3
0 0

My baby will be 2 months old in a couple days, everyday with him is special, I just can't get over how much I love him! His newest thing is his smiles, and every time he does it, it just melts my heart. He smiles at mama all the time and it is the best feeling in the world to look at him and see that huge grin on his face.

3
3 5

My 4 month old was up & crying @ 4:30 this morning & when I was rubbing her back & she had her head on mychest then looked up & kissed me on the neck when I was just about to cry cause I was so tired & my head was killin me then it just made me smile

3
1 0

I was rushing around late the other morning to get to an appointment that happened to be at the same time as my son's naptime. He and my 3 year old daughter were playing on the floor as I was getting things ready to go. I peeked around the corner to see my daughter rubbing his back softly. "Shhhhh Mommy! I'm singing the baby to sleep!" Her smile was so proud and beautiful. I just love the bond they already have together!

2
7 0

My 4yr old daughter loves affection! When she is tired she brings her blankie and asks "Momma do you want to cuddle, I want to hold your hand."She has loved hands since I nursed her. She loves to find a fingernail that she likes best and she will rub it!!

2
0 0

My daughter is 6 and the most amazing thing about her is she is so thoughtful of her mommy. She really is the joy of my life. She is so good and well mannered.

2
9 9

My daughter is a little over 9 months old and about a week ago she got admitted into the hospital over a virus that she caught. When her nurse was trying to get her iv in her I was barley holding it together.My lilttle girl was laying there helpless screaming mama and reaching for me and all I could do is stand that and say mommy will get u soon honey real soon and squeeze her little hand and lay my head on hers...After trying to get it in both arms and failing they then had to put it in her foot well needless to say I was only holding on by a thread. When there were finished I picked her up and walked back to her room as I sat in the chair she had done stopped crying but I let go and started balling lexi then looked down at me and took her passy out of her mouth and stuck it in mine and when I tried to push it away she just kept doing it till I put it in my mouth and then she rubbed my head like everythings going to be alright mommy..I will never forget that momment..She may be a baby but babies understand more than us mommys know!!!

1
205 4

My son is 17mths and normally a ball of energy. Recently, we've been working on him sleeping in his big boy bed without Mommy or Daddy laying down with him. The other night I tried 3 times to put him down and leave his room. After the third try he started to cry this devasted cry like I was abandoning him. I have been working a lot of long hours lately, and he has definitely been feeling neglected. Anyways, I went back in and he whimpered "Momma!". So I scooped him up, he reached out and clung to my shirt, and buried his face in my shoulder. For the first time since we stopped breastfeeding a few months ago, he let me hold and rock him like a baby. We must have stayed there for at least an hour, sitting on a little chair no bigger than a footstool, rocking and cuddling. Finally, I gave in and just carried him to bed with me. When I woke up the next morning he was still snuggled into my shoulder and still holding onto my shirt. It made me realize that I don't always need to take the extra overtime shift. My son doesn't need money, he needs his Mommy!!

1
0 1

My 4 1/2 year old started Preschool this January and since that day I have noticed that he is happy and looks forward to being with his teachers and new friends. Last night he held my hand to pray and said: Father God, thank you for my school... all on his own.

1
0 0

Our one year old son is extremely affectionate! He runs over to give us kisses and hugs, whenever we ask! Also, in the mornings, my husband and I bring Jake in our bed for his morning bottle, before my husband has to go to work. When Jake finishes his bottle, he falls asleep on me for about an hour, every morning!

1
235 30

My son was in the hospital again recently and unlike at home where everything is so noisy and chaotic, his hospital room was so quiet and of course since he was so sick all he wanted was to be held by mom. I always enjoy having that quiet time to snuggle with him because I always worry about how long I'll get to do that, but it's stressful too when he's so sick. So with his severe health problems when he gets a little better and starts smiling again and playing the "dropsy" game with me and smashing up crackers and wants to get out and play instead of being held by me, it gives me so much joy and I feel that huge weight lifted for a while, until the next illness. Every smile he gives me, every kiss, every hug, every time he says"Mama" is so precious. Maybe it's because he's my last or because he's my only boy, but even all the mundane things like feeding and bathing are just so precious to me each and every time. Life has always been stressful and especially since Jack was born 2 months premature, but in spite of all the trials we've had with his health he brings so much joy to mine each and every day.

0