What's your children's favorite lullaby?

4 13

When my girls were babies, I made up my own little lullaby with their names in it. It's to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle" but it's got their names and just silly phrases in it. The girls really love it and nothing (even still) can calm them down like me singing their own song to them.

1
0 0

My son, Landon, is 21 months and his favorite lullaby is "Lullaby Moon". It's actually a childrent's book by Rosie Reeve. However, being that it is his favorite book and that I've read it to him over 100 times, I've got it memorized. I've had it memorized for almost a year now and every night at bedtime we read a few books and then I recite "Lullaby Moon" to him. Sometimes I recite it a couple of times, but nonetheless it always puts him to sleep.

0
7 0

my daughters is Three Blind Mice, she has me sing it constantly. she thinks its funny when their tails get cut off,lol!

0
0 0

"Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley (totally unconventional, I know!)

0
9 0

Mine has loved twinkle twinkle little star since he was 1 i have always sang it to him he even watches it on youtube allot. He really gets into it and he almost knows all of the words. Now when he hears it he will ask me to sing it to him.

0
108 76

You are my sunshine. I have been singing that to my son since he was in the womb. I sing it to him all the time. Last year, he hit his head on the edge of the pool and while we waited for the ambulance we sang it together to keep him calm. I sing it to him when he travels to his grandparents house. It's a precious and rewarding moment for the two of us.

0
6 0

Growing up, my Grandmother always sang me an old WW1 song called "K-K-K-Katie", but instead of using the name Katie, she would insert my name. She passed away about two years before my Daughter was born, and I always found myself singing that to her at night, during the day, whenever, and she loved it. Another one is "I, and Love, and You" by the Avett Brothers. My Fiancee and I played that CD on repeat while I was pregnant. Shortly after she was born we discovered that no matter how upset she was, when we turned that song on, within 30 seconds she was silent, or asleep. It still works to this day. For a while, she would just freeze the second she heard it come on. I took a video of it when she was an infant. People were amazed. We would have to play it over and over again tho, because the moment it went off and the next song came on, she would start screaming.

0
7 0

twinkle,twinkle,little star and I have sung a country song to him since he was first born and in the nic-u. I cross myheart by george strait. this is also my wedding song.

0
5 0

If I get my son in bed and try to sing he just starts to cry. We both know the deal. I make the bottle, tuck him nicely, hand him warm milk, and he passes out. Try not to rock the boat. He does like singing "tinkle, tinkle, little star"....working on those W's. Read more about me at themomrulebook.com

0
0 0

I definitely sing the classic lullabies to my little ones, but MY favorite lullaby is a rock ballad. Crazy, right? Sweet Child O'Mine has the most beautiful lyrics — especially for my blue-eyed babes. I polled other parents for unlikely lullabies and featured them on Disney Baby recently -- here's the link.

http://disneybaby.com/blog/10-unlikely-lullabies/

0
2 1

My son's favorite lullaby is Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral. Four generations of my family have been sung this to their children. Now as I sing my almost 3 year old son tries to sing along with me while he drifts off to sleep. Watching him doze and miss words and then wake up to keep going is one of the best parts of my day. It's a lovely night time ritual and I'm so glad he enjoys it as much as I do.

Here's a link to Bing Crosby's rendition. It's an old song but a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9B49epS_M

0
1 0

I have always sung "Hush Little Baby" to my son. I only know a couple verses, so then II start making up lyrics like "Mommy's gonna buy you a new pet dog." It doesn't matter what the words are, the melody of the song is very soothing and relaxing, Plus, just hearing a mother's voice is soothing to young children because it reminds them of being in the womb.

0
24 60

Honestly, my child's favorite lullaby has always been the songs that I created for each one of them. I just throw together some words and sing them. :)

0
0 8

I always sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's more a nursery rhyme than a lullaby, but at least I know all the words! I don't think it really matters what you sing (or how well), just a calm, melodic tone in your voice really helps relax a baby.

0
2 0

I have always sung "I Can Sing a Rainbow" to both my children. It is the one song that instantly calms my 15 month daughter. She could be having the biggest tantrum and then I feel her whole body relax as soon as I hold her and sing the lullaby to her. It's amazing how a special song can be an easy soothing method.

www.themarinscoop.blogspot.com

0
0 0

They don't really have one.

0