What's your family's favorite board game, and why? (Please mention the best ages for the game)

1 0

Our two favorites are:
The Ladybug Game - by Eric Carle
and
Trouble (with Popomatic! action)

Our 4 yr olds love both of those games. They love collecting the aphids and having to use good manners for the Ladybug game, and they love the Popomatic! action on the Trouble game!

1
0 0

We LOVE Monopoly. Of course, someone generally cries and storms out before we actually finish, but we like it. It's great teaching the boys math, negotiating skills, and the value of a dollar. Oh, and of course, the importance of staying out of jail and winning beauty pageants.

1
4 0

My kids are 10 and 7, and we love the game Hedbanz. You wear a headband and stick a picture card in the headband, without knowing what it is, and you play 20 questions to figure out what your card is. It can be a little hard for the 7 year old until he gets on a roll with questions, but we always laugh and have an amazing time when we play it.

0
0 0

Sorry, my kids (ages 6,9) love it. We are also just getting them into Scrabble and they are much more interested than I would have thought.

0
0 0

Monopoly. Kids love playing with grandma. It's become a tradition at our home. Play and watch the fire inside in Fall and Winter, outside by the campfire. Age 7 and up.

0
8 0

We receintly got into Bananagrams. My daughter is 10 and loves it, but we have been playing word game for a few years now. There are also apple and peargrams but havent tried them yet. She also loves pictionary and clue.

0
2 1

We like a little known Canadian game called Ruck Shuck. You build figures shown on cards out of the rocks they give you and you score points based on difficulty. It sounds crazy {and believe me when we got it as a gift I questioned it} but it's great! You can get a junior version so children as young as five play and there is an adult one.

It was a huge hit last Christmas. When my siblings came to visit they got into it and had a great time. It was hilarious!

0
0 0

My kids are teens, and I know they would turn a little red when I mention the basic game of Memory. We have a few different versions. Our favorite one is the one I had as a child...matching fruits and veggies...ok, so maybe that's MY favorite. The boys seem to like the one we were gifted a few years ago of famous places/landmarks in Germany. What a great keepsake of our time here, plus it's great when we have guests (especially younger ones). They can join in too!

0
3 18

We can't get enough of Snug as a Bug in a Rug. It's perfect for the whole family to play together with toddler/preschool age children. What's great is that it is a cooperative game, so you don't have to worry about fights and bickering. The only thing you'll hear is cheering!

0
0 0

I have older kids, so as a family we've started playing Catch Phrase and Taboo together. The hilarity abounds when they try to describe different words! For my two oldest we enjoy Ticket to Ride. The game challenges them to grow in their strategic thinking, but still offers us time to talk and enjoy each others company.

0
3 2

Our current favorite (it changes a lot) is "You've Been Sentenced." It's a hilarious game that requires players to make complete, justifiable sentences using the enclosed cards. It's slated for 8 and above but my son began playing at 6 with a little help.

0
9 0

Our favorite game is Scaventure. It encourages creativity more than any other game I know, and all ages can participate. Plus it gets everyone (our whole family of 8) up and moving and having a great time. It's wonderful!

0
1 0

One day my husband brought home the game Connect Four. Little did I know that it would keep my two year old son busy for nearly an hour! I would just watch as my sweet Elias sat there by himself dropping the little checker pieces in. He would drop it in and then giggle to himself. Months later it is still a favorite. He is always asking for a game! We love games at our house- board games, card games, you name it, we'll play it.

http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/family-game-night/

0
14 0

We still love Candy Land. It's a classic we all enjoy and my boy-girl twins are 9! We also enjoy War (the card game) which I have LOVED since I was a little girl. Happy Gaming!

0
1 0

Apples to Apples is a wonderful family game and is our current favorite. It has a family addition that works for all ages and keeps us all together and LAUGHING. Love it.

0
0 0

My kids love the wheels on the bus game! I have 2 year old twins and a four year old and they can all play the game. I think they like it since they love the song so much!

0
0 0

Any, really because it makes you avoid all the distractions of the world and focus on playing with each other. Our top games are Chutes & Ladders, Cooties and Trouble :)

0