What's your favorite activity to do in the winter with your family?

0 0

Making snowmen, and snowangels! Everyone, including my moody teenager, loves going outside after a heavy snowfall. We start with making snowmen, then move on to snowangels, then Kat starts a snowball fight. Alyssa and Logan just likes to try catching snowflakes with their tongues. I think the best activity is enjoying a Hot Chocolate topped with tons of whipped cream and marshmallows after spending time in the snow!! :) Mmmm...

1
1

Minimodcoffiure

0
0 0

ITs was tough for us to adjust, but we did find couple of things to do.
Tobogganing
Museums
and in ottawa they have the Winter Festivals (Winterlude, ...)
and Mallsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

0
1 0

We don't really get snow here on the Wet Coast, so our winter activities aren't all that different from the rest of the year. To escape the rain, I love to take my little guy to the Vancouver Aquarium. When it's not raining, we like to bike over to the Winter Farmers Market on the weekends or walk to one of the parks in the neighbourhood.

0
0 0

0
0 0

I love to go snowmobiling at the cabin with my family! For the kids we pull a sled behind the snowmobile and pull them around on the frozen lake (not too fast, don't worry!). It's a great activity for the parents and the kids.

0
2 0

Crafts, Crafts, Crafts! We live in the Pacific Northwest, where it is Beautifully Green, but also very rainy. We have a small farm and vineyard so we get plenty of time outside. Although, I have to say with Six kids under 11, I like to keep the kids healthy (rather than sick) so my favorite thing to do is get everybody into their cozy slipper socks, curl up by the fire with coffee & hot cocoa (that's right... I like them together) and read to the kids and then do fun CHRISTMAS CRAFTS and then give them all to family members!

0
0 0

I love going skating on the lake. Nothing beats a family skate, complete with time by the fire and some hot chocolate.

0
0 19

Living on the west coast, our winter rarely involves snow, so everything we do outside usually involves rain gear and hot chocolate. Don't ask me why all our family traditions during the winter seem to revolve around hot chocolate, but they do.
Along with walking along the beaches after winter storms, our winter activities that include hot chocolate are: watching the Santa Claus parade, wandering through Butchart Gardens (looking at their light display), and wandering through the Empress to look at their Christmas trees.

0
0 0

We LOVE to go tubing in the Laurentians. For anyone who hasn't heard of this- it's like tobogganing, but in an inner tube. We go to this great place that has runs for single inner tubes as well as for giant ones where we do "family rafting". The kids love it, we love it and it makes for a great day in the fresh winter air. Best topped off with a good hot chocolate and cuddling up by the fireplace :)

0
1 0

This will be our first winter with Saige where she can actually give skiing, skating, snowshoeing, etc. a try so I'll keep you posted.
Sleigh rides, bonfires and hot chocolate have proven fun in the past and who can resist a "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" movie night complete with popcorn and mounds of blankets?

0
3 0

My favourite thing to do in the winter with my family is travel. Nearly 20 years ago (OMG, I'm old!) I went away with a friend in February and I've had the burning itch to go somewhere warmer than here ever since. Let's face it, downtown Toronto in the dead of winter is vastly unpleasant. The picturesque first snow of the year turns to a brown sludge within minutes and all that's left is wet socks and a longing for sunshine.

The Caribbean, the West Coast, Egypt, Europe - I've seen them all in the winter. Some might think having a little person would slow us down. That just means that some don't know me very well. My daughter means more luggage, but not less travel. It's a couple of months until we head out again, so until then I'll sip hot chocolate in my wet socks at the park and look forward to the sunshine with longing.

0
0 0

We live near an ice arena, and they open up for free public skating on Sunday afternoons in between the games and practices. Our daughter is just beginning to master some of the finer aspects of skating, and she is determined to skate like her ex-hockey playing Dad. After skating, it's hot chocolate and cookies for dunking.

If we don't skate, it's cross country skiing. The town has a groomed trail and there are trails at a nearby wilderness centre. It's only our second winter skiing, so it's slow going for us, but it's a great way to enjoy the outdoors in the winter, and naturally, there is hot chocolate and cookies too.

0
0 0

Every year we go to VanDusen Botanical Garden to see the Festival of Lights. Ava and I love to sip a hot chocolate as we walk around, and Ava and Daddy share mini donuts. In addition to going to the garden, we take a tour on the Stanley Park train during the Bright Nights.

This year I hope to make it up Grouse Mountain to enjoy a sleigh ride, and maybe Ava and Daddy can try ice skating.

0
0 35

We love to take walks in the woods, feed the birds at a local marsh and do wildlife watching along the harbour front. It's an amazingly busy time of year for the animals here on Vancouver Island as many of them overwinter here coming down from Alaska.

0
0 0

I'm not really a big fan of winter but one of the easiest ways to get me to enjoy it at least temporarily is to send me out with my family to go sledding. I absolutely LOVE whipping down a hill on a sled or saucer and it's also good exercise when you climb back up. As a bonus, the kids always sleep really well that night so it's win-win!

http://andromeda.qc.ca/2010/12/12/a-day-outdoors-in-the-crazy-weather/

0
0 0

This will officially be our first winter with our baby boy. I am the most excited for him to see snow for the first time, to head to the park, sled down the little hill, and just be together. Winter is my second favorite season {after Fall} because its so cozy and warm. I love getting bundled up, and can't wait to get baby J all set with his snow suit and cute litte teddy hat.

And I love cozying up in bed, looking out at the snow. Since baby J is so little I think we'll be doing lots and lots of bed snuggle time! {like in my linked post}

0
0 0

Skating I think is the most exciting thing to do in our family. It makes you fresh and active especially if you are outside.

0
6 35

What are your thoughts?

Pond-skating and tobogganing with a thermos full of hot chocolate.

0
0 0

We love sledding! We all have our own sleds and then we have one big family sized sled for everyone to pile on. There is a good sledding hill a short walk from our house. And when we get really adventurous we head toward the mountains to find bigger hills. It's great to get out, be active, and have fun together. Then we head home for some hot chocolate. Perfect day!

0
0 0

We like to Toboggan. I live on the top of a mountain in British Columbia. Our yard backs a wilderness park. We just walk out our back door and have private hills as our playground. It really is wonderful and inexpensive family fun. Our dog even likes to slide :)

0
1 0

Board games! We try to keep Tuesday nights as Family Games Night, and we'll play all kinds of the new board games, which are really fun: Blokus, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, Bohnanza. It's time away from the TV and texting when we can laugh together. And when you play games, you talk about other stuff, too. We started games nights when the kids were about 5, and ten years later, we still play!

0
0 0

I wish I could say we go skating, but when we tried that last year, we found the girls weren't ready for it yet. It would probably just be hanging out inside in the warmth with family...maybe baking cookies and making hot cocoa.

0
0 0

Help the kids find ideas to make money for the holiday spending!

0