What's your favorite grade to teach, and why?

1 0

Our favorite grades to teach are Preschool or Kindergarten! Young children are truly like sponges and absorb information at an alarming rate! When children are given the opportunity to PLAY and learn with developmentally appropriate materials, they blossom before our eyes. The curiosity and eagerness that young children exhibit for learning about the world around them never ceases to amaze us. It's so fun to see a child grasp a new skill or concept and be excited about learning.

3
4 15

I love working with younger children. My favorite grade to teach has always been preschool. There is so much wonder, growth, discovery and fun to be had. When I first started teaching over 11 years ago, I had never imagined I would be in a classroom. I taught a Pre-K 3 class and although it was not my 1st choice, I fell in love with both the kids and teaching through the experience. Since then, working with preschool aged children has always held a special place in my heart.

3
0 0

I love 1st grade! I've been drawn to it ever since I first set my heart on teaching. Now that I teach it, I love that you get the opportunity to see HUGE growth in the students as the world begins to unfold before them as their reading and computation skills strengthen.

2
0 0

I LOVE Kindergarten!!! It is so amazing seeing their growth throughout the year! At the beginning of the year, we get these little people who can barely hold a pencil and by the end of the year they are reading and writing stories!

Kindergartners LOVE coming to school!! They are excited about EVERY new thing we teach to them! They are like little sponges, soaking up every last bit of information that they can! It is my job to make their first year of school fun, exciting and engaging. It is my job to instill a love of learning in them and make their first year of school a successful and positive one.

Five and six-year-olds are the BEST age to teach. I am told on a daily basis how beautiful I am and how much they love me:) To them, I am "all-knowing" and they admire me so much! The hugs are never-ending!

I can NOT think of a more rewarding job than teaching Kindergarten!! I have a fun and exciting job where everyone loves and admires me AND I get to share my love of learning with them. Does it get any better than that?!? I ♥ Kindergarten!!

2
0 0

Kindergarten, hands down! I LOVE it! I love seeing that light bulb turn on when children understand that they can read. It is priceless!

1
0 0

This is an easy question.....KINDERGARTEN! This age is so much fun. I love watching them learn new things. I consider a privilege and an honor to be their first school experience. The excitement they bring to the classroom each day is so contagious. I truly love my job!

1
0 0

I love teaching High School students. This age group is able to answer more in-depth critical thinking questions and formulate solutions for real life application issues in the field of Science, Health and other subjects. This group of students still craves the individual attention, hands-on learning, and learning through modeling.

1
0 0

My favorite grade to teach is Kindergarten. I love to see the growth of the children when the enter in August and then finish in June. There is a magic in teaching Kindergarten. I am able to shape their future and help build strong foundations and a love of learning for years to come.

1
0 0

My favorite grade to teach is Kindergarten! I love the fact that I have an opportunity to help kids LOVE school, right from the start! I also love the fact that I get to watch kids learn to read and write - it is so fun to see them so excited to come to school each day. Kindergarten kiddos are so filled with laughter, songs and stories which makes each day teaching them an absolute joy!

1
0 0

Kindergarten- hands down!! I absolutely love teaching this grade level for so many reasons. Kindergarten children are curious, creative, funny, and an absolute joy to be around. My days are very busy, but they are also very fun. It is so rewarding to be a part of a kindergarten student's growth in reading and writing. Watching their interests, skills, and, confidence grow each day is magical!

1
0 0

My favorite grade to teach is grade 4. I love the growing independence that the students have, but the fact that they are still young enough to be considered "early years." There are so many great ways to engage students of this age, whether it be through games, inquiry learning, or project-based activities.

1
0 0

First grade is, without a doubt, my favorite grade to teach! My favorite thing about teaching first grade is watching them learn to read. There is something magical about the transformation that happens for first grade readers throughout the school year. I also love teaching writing in first grade. First graders have so many creative ideas to share. Seeing those ideas captured on paper during writer's workshop is super rewarding. I taught Young 5's (pre-K) and Kindergarten in the past. I'm gonna be honest. Teaching first graders who can tie their shoes, zip their coats and sharpen their own pencil is a big relief! I love first grade!

1
0 0

5th grade! I love their sense of humor and how they're still inso sweet -- not too cool for school!

1
0 0

This is my seventh year teaching first grade. I started teaching it right after I graduated and I honestly think it is the BEST grade. At this age, kids are very curious and love school. They are also experiencing many of their own "firsts" and it is fun to be a part of it! The growth from the begining of the first grade year to the end of the year is amazing. First graders grow and change so much!

1
0 0

That is a very hard question… this is my first year in 4th grade and I LOVE it.
BUT… I taught 3rd grade for ten years and I still have a piece of my heart in 3rd. I also don’t think I can make a justified answer this year because I got to loop with my kiddos. I have about 12 kids from last year and few cream of the croppers from other classes *wInK* and so we didn’t have that awkward getting to know you first few weeks because we already knew each other. AND BONUS they already knew my rules and ways SOOOO we hit the road running…next year it won’t be so easy. The curriculum is fun in both too. I LOVED LOVED LOVED teaching adaptations and Fairy Tales in 3rd BUT I am also loving the math in 4th!!! SOOOO I am on the fence… Man this first question is a trick question for sure!!! So I think since I need to answer the question I will say (to be fair to my heart) my favorite grade is both 3rd and 4th. There I said it…

1
0 0

At different times in my life, I have loved teaching different grades. However I really my heart belongs to kindergarten. There is something magical about teaching those little 4 and 5 year olds. They love their teacher and school, they love to learn and I love teaching them and watching them grow.

1
0 0

Third grade is my favorite grade to teach because third graders are fun to be with and eager to learn! They generally have not entered the “I’m too cool for that” stage, which allows them to truly enjoy hands-on, creative learning experiences that older students might find too childish. Third graders are young-at-heart and love school, as well as their teacher, yet old enough to explore content on a deep level. Because third graders are developing their independence, I witness them over the academic year move from the simple to the more complex in their thinking and reasoning skills. As a third grade teacher, I enjoy helping my students develop their outlook on life, education, and the world around them. Third grade is a wonderful year of transition as students begin to take responsibility for their own learning.

1
0 0

1
0 5

I have taught a mixture of Grades K-3, but I have to say First Grade has been my greatest experience. First Graders are eager to learn and lovable. I learn from them everyday and go to school excited to teach them.

1
0 0

That is a tough one as I have recently worked with K-6 gifted learners and they are all so fun! If I have to pick, I would say 4th and 5th graders because they are still pretty much into school/their teacher, but they are old enough to get my silly jokes.

1
0 0

My favorite grade to teach was 4th grade! I loved teaching 4th grade because they are great independent workers but they are still young enough to want to hug you every day:)

1
0 0

1
0 0

I love teaching second grade. Second graders are becoming good readers and writers. They are independent and love school and their teacher! Classroom literature circles are such fun to do with this level.

1
0 0

Kindergarten ~ by FAR! I also love teaching anything earlier than K too. I majored in early childhood for this reason-I just love teaching kids right from the start!

1
0 0

My favorite grade to teach is kindergarten because it is so rewarding. These children grow so much in just one school year: academically, socially, and developmentally. It is amazing the difference you can measure at the end of your students' year.

1
1 0

I've taught grade K-5. Last year I went back to Kindergarten and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. There is something so magical about being a child's first teacher. Everyday is new, exciting and an adventure. The things they say are priceless. I love teaching these adorable 5 year olds and watching them learn. They start out as tiny little learners and emerge as ready first graders. You can visit my blog here at
[url=http://time4kindergarten.blogspot.com]Time 4 Kindergarten[/url]

1
9 0

I absolutely love kindergarten. I am already campaigning to go back down to kindergarten next year! I am loving my time with my firsties this year, but I am aching to go back to the little ones. I really think that Kindergarten is the most important grade. For most of our kiddos, its their first introduction to school (we don't have universal pre-k) and they are at that great age of exploration and discovery. I love reading to them and watching them play. We have such a great time and they grow so much by the end of the year! It's also an age of less drama - and much more love - for each other and for their teacher! Although I'm enjoying the higher reading and writing capabilities of my first graders this year, i am anxious to get back to basics next year. Besides, it's kind of hard to justify finger painting and play doh and sand & water play in 1st grade!

1
1

I love saki Jackson I really want to meet her

http:// mckenzie

0
0 0

My favorite class to teach is a room that doesn't depend on a specific grade level -- children are so diverse in their abilities and interests that often, I find, grade levels and ages are simply a measure we place on a child to determine numbers for a class.

I enjoy teaching students when my class sizes are small, and I'm able to tie in several content areas into each lesson. It makes it difficult to be creative when you're tied to one subject area. For example, I taught middle school where I only had my classes every other day (for 80 minutes). I taught language arts. This might seem ideal; however, if a child missed one day, due to the way our schedule worked, I may have only seen that student once that week. This made it especially difficult to remain grounded in the content and enhance the lesson with other resources as I felt a struggle to focus on the basics. Therefore, I do enjoy the structure of elementary classes better.

I find it beneficial to have the students that I teach where I can meet with them each day, for extended periods of time. I feel that this schedule lends itself for more project based learning, too.

0
0 0

0