What's your favorite holiday app?

Please specify the platform.

1 0

Our son is 2, so we're just now starting to introduce him to Christmas traditions so he can be good and indoctrinated by next year. Aiding in this process have been 3 apps: 1) A Charlie Brown Christmas ($6.99) is not only a great way to familiarize our son with everyone's favorite Holiday special, but it's also a fun, interactive book. 2) Toca Hair Salon (FREE) is a goofy little app akin to Wooly Willy (but way more involved), where you can trim, blow dry, color, accessorize and even grow hair on both Santa and a freaky-looking Christmas tree. Fun for adults, too! 3) Christmas Song Machine ($1.99) is great to teach him to sing along to several Xmas favorites including "Jingle Bells," "Silent Night," and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." The voices can get a little grating after a while, but nothing a little eggnog can't remedy.

0
0 30

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0RZM2zVo2aO

0
0 0

There are a bunch of great holiday apps that I've found. We bought the Charlie Brown Christmas App, I have the Night Before Christmas one and we downloaded the Jingle one from Hallmark (Free). So many great apps out there.

0
0 0

Similar to D. Brent, I enjoy using scanning apps when shopping for the holidays or anytime, for that matter. With these apps, you can scan barcodes and read up on reviews and look for the best prices on the net.

Since I'm a big fan of Amazon, I use the Amazon Mobile app on my Droid. When I'm shopping at stores, I can scan the barcodes and do some quick price comparisons and see what others have to say about the products I'm interested in purchasing. When I'm at home, I can simply type and search for items, too. When going on impulse, you can buy products straight through the app.

Another useful shopping app is ShopSavvy, which also allows you to scan products or type and search. If you open a ShopSavvy account, they can help customize your shopping needs and it also provides local listings and allows for connecting with other ShopSavvy users.

Both apps are free and available for Android and iPhone users.

Happy Shopping to all!

0
0 0

I can't say I have a favorite holiday app. During the Holiday season which begins in earnest after Thanksgiving, I like to disconnect with digital gadgets such as smartphones and tablets as well as limit internet usage via computer in order to spend more quality time with my family. Holidays remind me that time moves swiftly. How many of you are in disbelief it will be Christmas time again? So in essence, the opportunity to slow down the hurried pace of our busy lives can be a welcome change for any family. Happy Holidays everyone and Happy New Year!

0
0 0

My favorite app can be used year-round - I have used it for months before my holiday shopping began. I can't hardly imagine shopping without 'Pic2Shop' now. With prices all over the place from store to store and add to that competition from the internet, how do you know you're getting those purchases at a good price? Easy - just scan it!

Pic2Shop is a barcode scanner for iPhone4/4s, Droid & Windows Mobile phones with a camera. Just scan the barcode of the product you want competitive pricing on and in a few seconds you'll have a list of other stores' prices, including online stores!

0