What's your favorite kid-friendly restaurant in NYC?
Primehouse New York (381 Park Avenue South at 27th Street) is a pricey, upscale steakhouse but has a super reasonable lunch/brunch and kid’s menu. Its interior is spacious and modern and the service is impeccable. They provide crayons and placemats and can accommodate large groups. Plus, it’s right around the corner from Madison Square Park, so when your little one can't sit still any longer, you can bring him/her to the playground to blow off some steam.
We love to go for Dim Sum! There's nothing better than sitting down in a bustling Chinatown restaurant and immediately have carts of steaming, delicious food appear! The kids try everything when we go for dim sum because everything is in tiny portions and it's always fun when it comes off a cart. Our fave dim sum restaurants are Triple 8 because it's huge and you can always get seated right away and Ping's Seafood. Even if you have totally picky eaters this is a great experience. They can always eat dumplings and rice! Plus it's super cheap.
The Pelham Bay Diner in Bronx, NY
I like to go places with fairly easy, no-fuss dishes, like pizza or pasta. My son is a picky eater and wouldn't eat anything that looks "weird" so I love CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) on East 29th.
Is it ok to admit a chain-restaurant is your favorite place to eat with kids in the great city of Manhattan? I hope so - because the truth is my favorite place to dine with my kids in Le Pain Quotidien.
Here are five reasons why:
* There are THREE flavors of chocolate spread ready and waiting at the table.
* Mommy can get her beloved organiccoffee with soy milk - for no extra charge.
* No one seems to mind the kids making a lot of noise.
* The menu is kid and adult-friendly, and healthy-ish despite the THREE flavors of chocolate spread.
* On a nice day, you can eat outside and with the kids busy with THREE flavors of chocolate spread, enjoy people watching with your organic coffee and soy milk. And honestly, what could be more New York-y than that?
I love California Pizza Kitchen (on 60th)! It's awesome for wind-down and they never complain about messes. They cater to kids and afterwards, who doesn't love a run to Dylan's Candy Bar!