What's your favorite part about having a big family?

0 0

It's definitely not the laundry! I'm not sure where to start. I love there is always someone willing to snuggle, watch a movie, or help me gang up on my hubby.

1
0 0

My favorite part about having a big family? Clearly it is dreaming about future college tuition bills.

My second favorite thing, however, are those moments when all of the kids get engrossed in the same activity. On the rare Saturday when everybody is home, the older kids orchestrate something like setting up a fair in the basement. All of the kids join in and they will spend hours playing together. These are truly special times.

1
0 0

Giving directions a thousand times. No, I take that back. My favorite part about having a big family is watching my kids play together. If my kids are bored at home, it is not my fault for I have done my part. I have given them best friends. Or Frienemies, depending on the day.

0
0 0

Celebrations, traditions and always having something to keep me busy!

0
13 1

My favorite part of having a big family is watching the relationships between my children grow. There is also so many funny things that go on here in our home.
We have a 17,14,12 and 9 year old boys.....the girls are 6 and 4 and I'm due with a new baby in mid June. {3 days after my oldest graduates high school}
I love the camaraderie that is experienced as we wait for a new baby to arrive. We have 6 living children, our precious Christian (Baby#7) was lost to early miscarriage last January. I just found out Oct.4th that Baby #8 is on his/her way!
We are truely blessed. God is good!
.Most large families do things a bit different than smaller families. The logistics and the over all dinamics are such that call for a non traditional way of doing things. We must get creative when it comes to laundry schedules,shopping,birthdays,bedtime schedules and Christmas to name a few.
Our home is so full of positive energy that all the neighbors love to come over and hang out! We are the hub!

0
0 0

I love your story about your big family . I too can relate and admire the fact that even when you went through the heartache of losing a baby you carried on. I had my first 4 children roughly 2 yrs between them all then we emigrated to Canada and a couple of years later decided to try for another. We went on to loose 3 babies 2 boys and then 1 girl. We were told from many up give up but determined as we were we carried on after finding a reason for the losses of the 3 babes we eventually had our beautiful baby girl in January 2013. We would love to have another child for a sibling closer in age to our youngest but people always tell us we should stop.. We work hard and don't claim a penny of benefits so it's beyond me how people can judge us and our lovely big family . Wouldn't have it any other way and I cherish everyone of my kids and love watching them grow with all there different personalities. We might not have money for big vacations but you can't put a price on having a vacation even at home with a big family.. So much life, So much fun ..

0 0

I love how there is always something going on. Our home is always busy-- full of life, love, and laughter. That's the joy of having a big family. Sure there is the occasional bickering, whining, and complaining--- but honestly-- that comes with the territory! If I could go back and do it over-- I would still have a large family!

0
1 0

Just one favorite? There are so many joyful moments in my family. If I had to narrow it down to one thing and I'd have to say the bonds between my children. It's beautiful to see how they all care for each other in the good days and hard days. I love the laughter that I'm constantly hearing in my home as all of those fabulous children interact and do life together.

0
0 0

The opportunity to enjoy so many personalities. I adore each one of my kids and love to watch them develop their talents and character. We love spending time together, traveling, and creating lovely family memories. My greatest joy is watching my children develop deep and wonderful friendships. Having a large family is not easy, but it's full of wonderful moments that I savor.

0
0 0

The laughter. There is never a dull moment and there is always something to laugh about -- even when it's in frustration.

0
0 0

I love the energy a big family brings to life. It begins with bringing a new life into the world with the beauty and blessing that new little one creates. Then, there is the growth you get to experience, watching your children develop. It is so fun to have children of varying stages! There is the hope of a rich and full future as your family grows and your children begin to grow families of their own.

I love the sanctifying aspect of having a big family. There is plenty of work to do and plenty of workers. We hope to learn to work together cheerfully and diligently. We have plenty of opportunities to learn how to be kind to one another, share, be patient, and how to be sacrificial. We learn to be purposeful with our time together and build eachother up.

The fellowship that comes from being part of a big family is priceless. Imagine having all of these wonderful people that you feel comfortable with and at ease with surrounding you daily! We cherish the camraderie we have.

0
0 0

What's not to love?

There is always something fun and exciting happening. Even the not so fun or exciting becomes an amusing adventure, when our gang gets involved.

There is always someone to talk to. I love the discussions we have around the dining room table or when everyone piles on our bed at night. You learn to see things from so many different points of view.

I love that there is someone who is interested in just about anything. We all learn so much from each other.

I love working together... in the garden, on a home improvement project, on a ministry opportunity... whatever comes our way, I love doing it together.

And I love playing together... here, there, and everywhere.

Doing everything together... just general togetherness.

0
33 0

I love being surrounded by people I love. I love the uniqueness of each different person. I love the fact that there is always someone to play a game with or talk to. And I confess, I love the CHAOS.

0
0 0

My favorite part of having a big family is the FUN that we have, the team work and companionship. The love that we share and the memories that we all make together.

0
0 0

Since I was a little girl I have dreamed of being a mommy to many. I love having so many different stages of life happening all around me....all at the same time! I love that I can breastfeed a baby while I'm attending one of my daughter's basketball games....I get to have it ALL!! And I am constantly amazed by the dynamics that 8 children bring to our family. They're personalities are so incredibly different, and just when you think you have it all figured out, along comes another one ;D

0
0 0

If you ask my teen daughter, it's making everyone else do all the work around here while I do NOTHING. Apparently, my goal is to raise slaves.

0
9 0

Watching responsibility blossom. Seeing my 16 year old son help a younger sister with homework, or watching my 13 year old daughter mow the grass makes my heart swell with pride and love and appreciation for the way they all pull together.

-1