What's your favorite thing to do on family night?

0 0

We love to watch movies. To get all cuddly over each other with a bowl of popcorn and watch the latest kids flik. This is usually interrupted when the bowl tips over and we have to start wrestling each other to pick up all the pieces. :D

0
1 24

Our favorite thing to do on a family night would be to go out to a family restaurant for dinner, pick up a movie and come home and all gather in the living room and watch it together :)

0
0 296

We love having family movie night or playing games. We love card games and Trouble!

0
0 0

Um... I suppose cuddle and play with toys with my munchable little munchkin. We are still a new family, so we are trying to figure it out.

0
0 58

Watch movies and enjoy spending time together...usually we end up talking the whole movie about our week or things that bring back memories from the movie.

0
0 0

I love hanging out with my little family in my daughter's playroom. Since my daughter is still pretty little, she's usually asleep by 7, which means family night is more like family afternoon. Hubby and I chill and chat while we marvel at our daughter's every move. Then, when she's happily snoozing in her crib, we enjoy dinner and usually a glass of wine. Nights in are the best!

0
0 218

Dancing, of course! We pull out the dance mat and shake our tail feathers until we collapse from exhaustion.

0
0 0

Watch movies and eat sweet treats.

0
6 0

As new parents, our best date night was always cooking a new recipe, drinking a good bottle of wine and staying at home; opposed to paying for a sitter and sitting in a crowded restaurant. We always had out best conversations on these evenings and we loved them dearly. Now that the children are older and bedtime is later, we have incorporated cooking into our family night. Whether it's pizza or tacos, fondue or a big, hearty breakfast for dinner; we are always laughing and talking our way through family night in the kitchen. The kids love to help and feel included and we all love to eat.

0
1 0

recently we've been rockin' a rousing game of Go Fish on family night! high stakes (dish duty) and high drama (who is fibbing about NOT having an 8???) -- it's almost as good as a prime time TV these days.

0
1 0

We absolutely love and cherish all of our moments together as a family. Family night is really special, and we love to spoil ourselves by indulging in all of our favorite snacks and foods. We make homemade pizzas and cover the kitchen island with snacks!! We watch family movies and eat, eat, eat!! And of course we do all of this in our pajamas. The aftermath looks quite scary and the clean-up is a chore, but it is well worth it to see my family happy and giddy!

0
0 0

My family runs on opposite schedules, which technically means the times when all three of us are together in the same room are few and far between. (Hubby is with the bambino all day while I'm working and then we switch off so he can start work). So this question made me feel a little crappy at first, before I remembered that it's *okay*! Our son still gets a ton of quality time with both of us individually, and when we do get time together as a family we try and make it special. Like lately, we've been riding around town and looking at all the Christmas lights.

0
1 0

Most of our nights are family night! We have two small children (2 and 9 months) so we're home together! But some of our favorite things to do together are puzzles, reading books, and climbing all over Daddy! We also love watching movies together and dancing along to all the songs.

0
0 0

Either go for a fun swim or a stomp on the beach and then stay out for fish 'n' chips at our local cafe, or cook together, involving the girls, usually a Thai noodle dish, then snuggle on the sofa eating homemade popcorn to watch a film.

0
15 0

Doing crafts. Or movies night we all get in me and my husbands bed and eat popcorn and the kids pick out a movie.

0
0 0

We love playing "charades for kids" or watching some Disney movies while munching on pop corn. The cheapest cinema in the world!

0
2 0

We love taking the stroller and going for long walks in the neighbourhood, especially now that it's summer. We often end up at the local grocer and never leave without getting some dark chocolate - which is always finished by the time we get home!

0
0 0

With just a single three year old, every night becomes a de facto family night!

Some of our favorite times, though, are at the end of night, just before bedtime. The ordeal of pajamas/tooth brushing are done and the fun of books and songs begins. We used to do this separately, taking turns, my husband and I. Now, somehow, we do it all together. Three of us on the bed reading books and singing songs. Three books and three songs, to be exact, when all is well. If there has been some naughtiness while getting ready, it is reduced to 2/2, or the dreaded 1 book, 1 song. Ha! Gratefully, there are not too many of those.

There is nothing better than reading, singing, and laughing together, emphasis on together.

If my husband is travelling, my son and I like to mix it up a bit. Dad's night out means Mom's night off. We usually do a "pizza party," which involves a frozen pizza and kid's television, or "breakfast for dinner." Pancakes taste so much better at night, strangely enough. We giggle about how naughty we are both being and revel in our rebellion. Good times.

0
0 10

Have dinner together and then watch a good family film. If it is family time during the day, our favorite thing to do is go hiking together and see what we can spot in nature.

0
0 0

I am a sucker for movie night. I love cuddling up with the kids and the hubster - Popping some popcorn and sprinkling in some M&M's...because Popcorn & M&M's is the perfect movie snack. Movie night is always something that brings us together and is fun for everyone. We're huge Lilo & Stitch fans, Finding Nemo, and Dad's favorite is Brave.

0
0 0

We all like to hang out together on our King Size bed and watch TV, or a movie. My husband and I don't mind cartoons (although Dora can be quite annoying), and actually adore movies favored by our three-and-a-half year old like Shrek, Despicable Me, and Cars, so it works out for everyone.

0
0 0

My daughter is 15 months old so "family nights" aren't really family nights yet! But before she goes to bed we love to cuddle together in my bed and read stories. Her favourite stories keep changing so it's always something fun and new!

0
3 0

Our favorite thing to do on family night is to just make it through a family night without having to put at least one kid in bed before 7:30 due to incessant whining, fighting, or complaining. All else fails, we will stuff ourselves with popcorn, turn off all the lights, throw all the pillows and blankets on the floor, and watch a movie. Preferably one of the Pirates of the Caribbean variety.

0
0 66

My kids and I look forward to our pizza and super hero action movie night. Pizza Super Hero Action Movie Night has become even more special for us now that my son is away at college and isn’t home for many family nights.

0
0 0

Pull out our sleeper sofa, load it up with pillows and blankets and watch a movie. We always make popcorn on the stove together and eat it while we watch our movie.

0
113 2

Our weekly family night is Fridays - somehow we've finagled a free evening into our schedule, which is usually packed with practice, rehearsals, and meetings. The menu is pizza. Generally, we order for delivery or pickup. But the kids' favorite is when we get dough and all the pizza fixin's and everyone makes their own. What kid doesn't love rolling out dough - its just like playing with play doh! Everyone makes their own combination - cheese, pepperoni, mushroom - and we rarely have any left over.
Once we've got the pizza settled, then its the hard part - picking out a movie. Six people trying to agree on a movie? Yes, it takes a while, and the debate and voting is part of the fun of the evening.
Its a simple formula - pizza and a movie. But with our schedule, we need simple sometimes. Its one of the few times during the week that we are all in one place, with nowhere else to go, and can relax together.

0
0 0

Ditch the family and go to the movies alone with a diet cherry 7up stashed in my giant purse because A. soda at the theater is like $9,000 and B. they don't sell any diet caffeine-free drinks for old fogies like me.

0
0 0

Sit in the living room drinking wine (just Kris and I, not the kids) and hang out. Honestly. That's what we do. There is no TV in that room. Sometimes the kids might be playing an iPad, other times they might be chatting with us. Sydney is always sans clothing and often times one of them is snuggling right between Kris and I on the couch. It is our favorite way to spend time.

0
0 0

We don't really have a formal family night - we try to enjoy our time together all of the time we are together. We sometimes watch movies (complete with popcorn and over-sized pillows to lay on), play games (Landon plays a "mean" Candy Land), or go on walks together if the weather is nice. I'm sure our lack of scheduled time is due to the age of our kiddos (1 and 3 years old). I think it's important to spend quality time together as a family. As the children get older and other activities, like, school, sports and extra curricular activities, fill up the afternoons and evenings I'm sure we will set some time that is specifically saved for spending time together.

0
5 0

I know it sounds cliche, but we stay in and watch a movie. I'm pretty restrictive on how much tv they can watch, so watching a kids' movie is a treat for them. We also usually have pizza and some special dessert. We let them pick the movie, and more often than not, they are asleep about 20-30 minutes into it.

0
2 0

Before the baby came along, we did the traditional dinner and a movie (in a theater). Now our family nights usually consist of popping a squat in the living room, renting a new release from On Demand and whipping up a big bowl of popcorn drenched in butt swelling butter. Some of our recent favorites include “The Expendables 2”, “The Raven” and “Abraham Lincoln”. We also periodically cook meals together as a family. Since we all enjoy cooking, it’s a great way to harness our collective energy and creativity – until something gets burnt!

0
6 63

We're quite the busy family with hubby a high school teacher and coach, daughter in dance and son just starting up baseball that when we finally have a night in, we like to just relax. Grabbing a board game, reading stories, watching a movie, decorating cookies or cupcakes - all make the perfect game night for the family.

0
4 0

My husband likes to cook! Yippee! On family nights, we turn up the music real loud and the kids dance around while he and I cook. Then, we have a delicious dinner that usually took way to long to cook but is super yummy. After dinner, we usually go out on the deck in the summer or face off in a Yahtzee tournament in the winter!

0
0 1

In the winter, we love to make hot chocolate in our crockpot, and snuggle on the couch with a family movie. Our latest movie was Brave.

0
18 65

We eat dinner sitting around the table, I love just talking with my family. And then we make some popcorn and have pop in a good old Disney classic!

0
0 0

We love our Family Home Evenings, its a dedicated night once a week that we stop everything and focus on family. Its something that the Church puts forward so we always know the priority of family.

We start with prayer, then we read the Scriptures together (the kids love it when we show pictures and they can point at them and announce who it is, recently everything have been Apple, our Elf on the Shelf), have a fun Spiritual Lesson and always have some yummy treats and fun games to play like giant Jenga where we teach about building each other up to be strong with nice words and kind actions and how negative can make someone fall down.

With toddlers its about keeping things short in duration and interactive at the same time, but we know that giving them that dedication to family and our Faith helps them grow strong and helps them know how much we care, love and appreciate them.

0
3 24

My favorite family nights are always at home. It usually starts with a family dinner (my favorite are when I don't have to cook), a little competitive Wii Dance or Wii Tennis, a round of Trouble or Candy Land, and always ends with the family snuggled up together to watch a family movie. Of course, the games usually result in some sort of argument. But, I don't mind because it's nothing bringing out the dessert can't fix. Thank goodness for brownies!

0
2 0

In the warmer months, we like to go for walks outside. My daughter loves looking at trees and feeling the cool breeze. In the colder months, we like to watch movies (Or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and make finger paint drawings.

0