What's your favorite vegan or vegetarian friendly product?

0 0

It's a really tough question as vegan friendly products have come on so much over the past 10 years or so. The first time I tried vegan 'cheese' there wasn't even a variety that melted, or much choice for that matter.
I think I'm going to have to cheat on this question and answer with more that one product as there are so many I love!
Nutritional Yeast, Swedish Glace Ice Cream, Sunwarrior Protein, Fry's Vegetarian, Redwood Foods & Alpro 'milks'/ yoghurts.

0
0 0

I'm coming up with new favorites all the time, but fresh, organic, whole plant foods top any "product" on the market.

0
5 0

That's a tough one. Over the years, I have discovered so many wonderful products. Extra-firm tofu is a necessity in my house. We use it for stir-frys and pizzas and all kinds of other recipes. Daiya brand vegan cheese is another favorite. I put the shredded “mozzarella” on tortilla chips and bake it in the oven.

0
0 0

I'd say soya products for us and yogurts in particular - a great pudding that gives a boost of calcium and they're readily available. Dairy-free ice cream (especially Swedish Glace in the UK) is a great alternative to a dairy version - and everyone likes ice cream!

0
0 0

Wine. But, seriously, that's a tough question. I'd have to cheat and say my three "B's": beans, broth, and balsamic. Beans are just so versatile, they're cheap and a powerhouse protein source. Scout loves to snack on them right out of the can, rinsed and in a bowl. I love to puree cannellini beans into soups to give them body without adding cream. We toss them on salads, fold them in quesadillas, mash them in dips and sandwich spreads...beans are just a perfect food.

A good veggie broth will make your life so much easier. Beyond the obvious easy soups, a good broth will add dept to rice and grains. It brightens stir-fries and sautes without a lot of added oil. I steam our veggies in broth, and it makes all the difference in the world.

My third favorite is a truly good balsamic vinegar. I buy a Modena Gold Label at Trader Joe's that is dessert quality. I had serious doubts when I first read that...but, oh, fresh strawberries dipped in it are amazing. Truly, I would not lie to you. A splash in soups will add an entire different note, and a good drizzle over roasted vegetables will knock your socks off.

0
0 0

Wow, that is a hard one! Coconuts seem to be one of our favourite foods that is extremely versatile. We love drinking coconuts, cracking open and eating both young and mature coconuts, coconut butter for raw chocolate, coconut oil for all sorts, but raw cheesecake comes to mind :)

You will always find avocados and hummus at our house, and we love falafel, too. As far as products that are made to be vegan, my husband will tell you Trader Joe’s Chickenless Mandarin Orange Morsels since they obviously do not sell them in NZ, and he really liked them when we visited overseas.

We have a few appliances that are awesome like our blender (although I am still hopeful of a Vitamix one day along with a dehydrator), food processor, spiralizer, and juicer.

0
0 0

My favourite vegan product is the Mile High Brownie from Kelly's Bake Shoppe. It's the absolute most delicious, satisfying "healthy" sweet treat. Not only is it vegan but it's also gluten free which makes it that much better!

0
0 0

We love Quorn ready made products

0
0 0

Hands down Daiya. Choosing to remove cheese from my diet was one of the hardest transitions to veganism for me, so having a product that works so well in its place is beyond helpful.

0
4 279

I love Trader Joe's frozen risotto and pasta dishes because they are fast to make, really yummy, and GMO-free. And vegetarian dishes are easy, because you just leave out the meat.

0
10 0

Nutritional Yeast - I love that it gives pasta and other dishes a "parm" cheese flavor, plus it is packed with B vitamins and other nutrients!

0
0 0

We have a few products that we could not live without. We love our Hemp and Oat milks, our Daiya 'cheese' and our Batter Batter flour which is vegan and gluten free.

0
0 7

I think vegetable broth is the thing I've found I use most when cooking dinners. We do our best to eliminate oil, and I can cook just about anything and make it taste fabulous with a vegetable broth base.

0
0 0

It is hard to narrow it down to one!

I am a fan of green smoothies and soy lattes, flax seed crackers and dark chocolate. So, our high-powered blender, coffee machine and dehydrator are my favorite kitchen products.

In terms of my favorite product made by an Australian vegan company, that would be CocoLuscious Organic Coconut ice cream. It is palm-oil free, and comes in 16 flavors. My favorite flavors are peppermint choc chip, and cookie dough.

0
0 3

I have become quite obsessed with "Nate's Meatless" meatballs. They are insanely delicious!!

0
0 0

It's a hard one to pick - but I would have to say coconut oil. Baking, frying, raw desserts - it works a treat in any cooking capacity, not to mention the huge health benefits it promotes - it's a crucial source of saturated fat for vegans. I also use it as a moisturiser, eye make up remover, add it to baths.... the list of it's uses just goes on and on!

0
0 0

I can't help it: books are the first thing that come to mind. I love Ruby Roth's Vegan Is Love. I'm also a huge fan of anything Nathalie VanBalen creates. In addition to her Juice book (link below), she's got a great vegan Thanksgiving coloring zine and lots of pro-veg (and FREE) coloring pages on her site.

0
0 0

One of my favorite ingredients now is chia seeds. They have so many health benefits--everything from aiding digestion to providing omega-3s--and they are so easy to add to green smoothies. My favorite preparation, though, is a vanilla-coconut chia seed pudding: http://superveggiemom.com/recipe/vegan/vanilla-coconut-chia-seed-pudding/
As far as commercially-made products, I love Nana's Cookie Bars (especially the chocolate chip ones), Lucy's cookies (especially Cinnamon Thins and Maple Bliss), and Go Raw Spicy Flax Snax (the jalapeno and cilantro are a cool twist). The Foodie Pen Pal program has been a great way to discover new vegan food products.

0
0 0

I would have to say quinoa with the caveat that I know the rising popularity of the grain is impacting people in South America in negative ways. I know in my experience I opted for meatless convenience foods that relied heavily on soy for a long time until my daughter was diagnosed with food allergies to a number of foods including soy. Quinoa has been a fantastic option for our family.

0
0 0

Hmmm, chosing one would be a quite challenge. My favorite and one of the most versatile foods is soy. There is: edamame, tofu, soy milks, yogurts, cream cheese, butter, cheese shreds, ice cream, etc. We eat a variety of non-soy related items as well.

Our family focuses on eating whole foods, but do eat meat analogs on occasion. Gardein is hands down our family favorite.

Lately, we've been enjoying coconut based items a lot. It is also versatile: coconut milk, yogurt, oil, etc. It makes an excellent substitute for butter in baking.

0
1 0

One of my top favorite vegan friendly products is nutritional yeast. It has a sort of "cheddar" flavor that really adds a lot when you are making pastas, soups, and casseroles. People always say that they couldn't go vegan because they just love cheese too much. Nutritional yeast is great to help satisfy that craving! You can even make "cheddar style" mexican dips! Yes, nutritional yeast is a win-win for me!

0
1 0

That's as difficult as determining my favorite song or meal. The answer is very dependent on my current mood. Our family favorites include, Gardein, Tofurky, Field Roast, The Vegg, Daiya, Earth Balance and we would be at a loss without nutritional yeast. Though I have to admit aside from the nutritional yeast or normal diet are basic, non-processed, organic foods.

0
0 0

There are so many-- and more and more come out every day making it very easy to be vegan. So easy there's no excuse not to be. For kids, I love Hopscotch Kids vegan, non-toxic nailpolish, Today I Ate a Rainbow Kit, Fur & Feathers boardgame, Cynthia King's vegan ballet slippers, Ruby Roth's vegan kid's books, and for moms I love Aveda, LUSH, Juice Beauty by Alicia Silverstone, Arbonne, and Pinterest (for finding the most creative kids vegan recipes and crafts!), and Some of my favorite vegan family resources are Vegbooks, Institute for Humane Education, HEART, Catskill Animal Sanctuary, VegFamily, Mitch Spinach, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Vegan Cupcakes take Over the World cookbook, and of course the many wonderful veg moms blogs-- which are priceless in terms of offering resources, tips, ideas, advice, support, and inspiration.

0
0 0

There are so many amazing plant-based products out on the market now which makes it so much easier to go vegan. Some of my faves are Earth Balance butter, So Delicious ice cream, Beyond Meat faux meats (great for non-vegs!) and Amy's Vegan Mac'N Cheese. But there are so many more!

0
0 0

This is a tough question, because there are so many great vegan products out there these days. If I had to pick just one, it would have to be Dandies marshmallows from Chicago Vegan Foods. If I could pick two more, I'd also say Chicago Vegan Foods Teese (vegan cheese) and Galaxy Nutritional Foods vegan cheese shreds.

0
0 0

Wow, there are so many I'm not sure if I really have just one! I do love Earth Balance Coconut Butter—it is delicious! And Purely Decadent non-dairy ice creams are pretty wonderful too!

0