What's your go-to snack for your kids?

0 0

Soda and french fries.
(just kidding! I live in Northern California where I could get arrested for such behavior!)

Veggies & hummus. Yogurt & fruit. And in a pinch I bribe the little mouths with gum to keep them from yelling for snacks in the car.

2
5 16

Apple juice and strawberries, my kids loves it! or sometimes i give them "Honey Maid" graham crackers

0
2 0

string cheese, apples and almonds

0
0 0

Ants on a Log

So easy... Cut the celery stalks in half. Spread with peanut butter or cream cheese. Sprinkle with raisins.

Live Splendid & Be Well,
cecy j

0
0 0

My 3 year old loves cereal bars, but they can't be crushed or she won't eat them. I pack them in baby wipe travel cases to keep them intact.

0
0 0

I try rotate my son Julian's snacks to keep them interesting.

Some of the staples now in rotation are hummus and toasted pitas carved into "pie slices", "ants on a log" (nut butter-filled celery sticks with currants on top), apples, seaweed, nuts, cherry tomatoes, olives, yogurt, and even some pineapple guavas (quartered lengthwise and eaten like tiny watermelons) that a friend brought over--we had never tried them before last week). Man, are those tasty!

So much better than "stick-and-soil sandwiches."

0
0 0

My kids love popcorn, preferably with powdered cheese on it. I push the yogurt and cheese sticks on them, for calcium too. And the go-to fruit is the banana. Though it doesn't travel well. I always carry chewy granola bars in my purse for emergencies, and we usually have bags of mixed cereal in the car as well. Here's an even longer list to use for school snacks: http://www.friscokids.net/2011/10/school-snacks.html

0
0 0

Fruit is another standby in our home. Apples work out best as they stay good for a while, don't need to be refrigerated, and are relatively mess-free. My daughter is lactose intolerant so many common snack foods don't work for us. Oh, and Pretzel Crisps have some nice varieties she enjoys.

0
2 0

Blueberries or raspberries. My son would eat them all day if he could! Berries are full of so many essential vitamins and minerals for our little ones, and are super easy to transport. I've thrown them in a snack cup, bag, or carried the entire package around in my diaper bag. They're a great snack for us mommies too :)

0
0 0

Apples! My son could eat an entire apple tree. Apples are easy to throw into a bag for a snack on the go. On days I have time, I put out a plate with cheese, crackers, and some fruit. The way, both kids can make up their own snack creations.

0
1 32

My almost 3 year old loves a snack plate -- snacks placed onto one of those plates with divided sections somehow make them seem more exciting. I put some of his favorites in each of the sections, like Snappea Crisps, fresh fruit, and cheese and crackers. Occasionally he gets a treat, like fruit snacks or a couple of cookies, but I've learned that he ends up begging for more of that instead of eating the good stuff.

0
2 0

Easy snacks to take to the park or eat in the car include cheese sticks, bananas, grapes and cut up pieces of juicy pear and apple. We like to share peanut butter cracker sandwiches together or oatmeal cookies. Also the Dannon mini Probiotic yogurt drinks are useful to keep in the refrigerator if we don't have the time to sit down and eat a pot of yogurt.

0
0 0

Popcorn and Ovaltine around the kitchen table before homework starts. Perfect combination of salty/sweet, the milk and the vitamins in the Ovaltine cancel out the chocolate, and our dog goes insane with joy over discarded popcorn kernels so I have minimum cleanup.

0
178 0

Fresh fruit. It's easy, healthy, and I know my son will eat it. Luckily, I live in California where we can get a decent selection year-round.

0
0 0

I have a post on snacks. http://cuceesprouts.com/2010/08/healthy-back-to-school-snacks-and-lunches/

0