What's your New Year's Resolution?

0 0

Making resolutions is about setting reachable, attainable goals. Are you going to lose weight? Define how much. Are you going to give up something? Define what that thing and exactly how you plan to avoid it. All that said, setting goals to improve ourselves on the outside will never heal what's on the inside. Just like a book cannot be judged by its cover, a person's health can't be judged by their body fat percentage.

When I was obtaining my degree in Exercise and Sport Science from OSU, I learned that all SIX components of our well-being are glued together. We are more than just physical creatures, and a holistic approach looks at our emotional, spiritual, environmental, social, and mental states as well. When one shifts out of place, it affects the other categories. For example, I don't feel like being out in public socializing when I feel fat because I haven't worked out in ages!

My challenge to myself every year is to set goals for my whole being. So don't just focus on specific goals for your physical self; set some reachable goals for your social, spiritual and environmental self too! Then, when 2013 rolls around, you'll be in the best OVERALL shape of your entire life!

4
0 0

I actually wrote about this very thing as my Face Book status this week and I'll share it here:

"Good morning again, Fami. It's another gorgeous day that God has Blessed us with and we get to spend it together! The end of the year is coming close so you know what time it will be: time to make those New Year's resolutions. However, when you do that you most likely will fizzle out around February or March. When you think of your goals in that sense, it's almost like dooming yourself to fail. What I mean is when you look at it as a journey, you tend to see it as a long term thing....one you won't reach tomorrow. So instead of making resolutions, start a journey. You'll see things for the long haul and will have many milestones along the way like picking up a pebble to add to your collection. Keep on this path and you will become victorious in your endeavors. Keep it positive, Keep it clean, and Keep it healthy =)"

2
0 0

I'm horrible at them. Don't make them.

2
0 0

Let's see. I've been an avid keeper of New Years resolutions when I vowed to always wear belts with pants that required them (read: had loops.) I moved on to flossing every night which surprisingly was the year I had my very first cavity (I stopped flossing on January 1st, the next year.) I think the key to a good resolution is choosing something that you not only want to do but also something that's achievable and coming up with a plan to execute it.

2
0 10

I'm not someone who each year makes a New Year's resolution. In fact, I've only done it once and that was in 2001 and it was to stop smoking. 10 years later and I still haven't smoked a cigarette so maybe there is something to making a resolution....If I had to tell you right now what my New Year resolution was it might be:

Stop using paper towels.

That just might be harder than quitting smoking. Wish me luck instead of Happy New Year!

2
0 2

I think we should all resolve to change our lives today and not with every year until New Year's to make these changes. What I have done this year is create goals for myself rather than resolutions.

My goals this year are:

Run 1/2 marathon in 1:45
Run the NYC marathon between 4:00 and 4:30
Finally get my "six pack" abs
Make this my best year yet!!!

1
0 0

I believe in Dreams. The best way to have a Dream come true is to set Goals to push you towards your dreams. I have accomplished Dreams I never even knew I had by little Goals achieved one by one!
For the New Year we see New Goals, New Horizons..New Races to run in New places. Not Necessarily running like lightning rather running for the Love of Running and that
is where the dreams come true. The Goals are Fueled By PASSION and the PASSION added with hard work and determination create dreams!!
Find Passion when setting your New years Resolution. Set Goals that you can achieve. Believe In Yourself!
Nita

1
0 10

My Goal for 2012 is to continue with my Jeff Galloway Plan half marathon training and to complete five half marathons in 2012. My first half marathon will be the Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 26. After that, I will do the US Road Running Movie Marathon in April. My sisters and I will turn ourselves pink when we run like divas at the Myrtle Beach Diva Half Marthon in May. Over Labor Day weekend, I will be heading to the west coast to the do Disneyland Half Marathon with Team in Training. Yes, this is only 4 half marathons. The fifth has yet to be determined, but I will do five! My goal for 2012 is to have the healthiest year of my life. My blog will transition from being about training for the Princess Half to leading a healthy life through running.

1
0 0

My 2012 resolutions are to train hard and run a 3:35 marathon (qualify for Boston!). It will be tough and will mean including speed work in my training. Which leads me to my other goal- To STOP being afraid of speed work and to incorporate it into my training!
Also to complete the Goofy Challenge at the Disney World Marathon- January 2012!

My other goals are to take more pictures of my family, start scrapbooking again, learn Photoshop and do more baking.

1
0 0

My new years resolution for 2012 is to work hard on my running so I can run a sub-30 minute 5K and a sub-1 hour 10K. I don't aim to be a speed demon, but I'd like to challenge myself to knock some time off of my personal bests!

1
0 0

Hi Circle of Moms! I haven't started thinking about goals for the New Year yet. I'm still trying to get ready for the December festivities! When I do, I will use the SMART acronym to help me make attainable goals. I learned about the SMART acronym in a graduate school course and I've found it to be helpful in developing personal goals as well.

Goals should be:
Specific (Who, what, when, where and why?)
Measurable (how will you know you've accomplished your goal? how much/many?)
Attainable (how realistic is this goal?)
Relevant (is this worth doing?)
Time-based (make a deadline)

Good Luck to those making resolutions for 2012!

0
0 0

I'm not a huge resolution maker but more of a baby step taker. Early in November this year I was already feeling holiday stress mounting and I vowed this year would be different. I wouldn't be frantically trying to get a suitable holiday card pic on 12/22 and paying $87 in express postage. I'd RSVP in a timely manner and buy all hostess gifts/teacher gifts in bulk. I'd say no for a change.
Lo and behold, I've enjoyed success in being proactive rather than seat of the pants because I've gotten things done at my first opportunity rather than procrastinated.
I hope to carry that momentum into the new year!

0