What's your New Year's Resolution?

0 0

I usually hesitate to make New Year's Resolutions. As I am forgetful and tend to let things lapse.

Maybe to get the disaster of a closet in the basement organized? Or at least see what is all in it? If I had to say something that would be part of it, so maybe improve my organization?

It is going to be a big year here, adding a new baby and all, so if I resolve to do abc and then don't I do not want to set myself up to fail.

Besides isn't every day new and to quote Anne of Green Gables with "no mistakes in it yet"?

2
0 0

Each year, I make New Year's resolutions, and a month later they've been forgotten--I suppose I'm like most Americans! So this year, I resolve to not make any more resolutions unless I have a strong plan to stick to them!

I prefer to make monthly resolutions, as you can see I do from time to time on my blog. My monthly resolutions are usually of this nature: Read more books to Jackson (my 2-year-old); practice self-care; meet a new friend; basically, bettering myself or my relationships in some way.

0
0 0

To decide whether to make resolutions or not! ;) I struggle with trying to resolve something vs. being mindful of wanting to do better in certain areas. I definitely do better with goals, though.

I think overall I'm feeling resolved to take all the lessons I learned this year after some very hard experiences and continue to find inspiration in them and to share that inspiration with others. I'd love to be able to look back on 2012 as I am on 2011 - thinking it was an unexpected, enlightening and life-changing year.

0
0 0

Because I am having Baby #2 in March, my New Year's Resolution is to ask for help when I am struggling this time around. Last time I tried to master hiding my insecurities and struggles and I ended up with a raging case of PPD. This time, I am going to slow down and recognize when I need help. And ask for it.

0
0 0

Self-Care is tricky. We want to take care of ourselves and our bodies, so we usually end up making New Year's resolutions about being physically healthy. Then, our mental health gets in the way and we really just want to eat some cheese, drink some wine, and watch some bad TV. I wrestle with this too.

I do try and make New Year's Resolutions around Chinese New Year (Jan. 23 this year) because I'm usually exhausted on Dec. 31.

At the moment, I'm working on slowing down and enjoying the holidays. It's shockingly hard. Ha!

For 2012, I do want to incorporate my mental wellness into my resolutions. So, it will probably be something to do with reducing my natural tendency for self-criticism, meditating to calm down when I can, and making yoga more of a priority. Sure, I'd love to lose my muffin top, but overdoing it at the gym will surely put me in bad mood. Always seeking balance you know. Ha!

0
0 0

Sure, I have the typical ones to ponder: be more healthy, save money, put a halt to this behavior or that. This next year, though, I have two major ones. The first one is to buy a new, bigger home. We're making a very big move this summer, and our goal is to find and purchase a larger home where our kids have room to breathe, run, and see all of their toys. My other goal is highly personal, but I've been doing some internal/spiritual work, and I'm resolving to try to rid my mind of unhealthy thinking patterns so that I can be more present on a more consistent basis.

0