What's your top inexpensive way to make your home festive for the holidays?

0 0

Decorating for the Holidays can get expensive...therefore, I use what I have inside, and outside.
Nature provides so many useful and beautiful items such as pine cones, evergreens, or branches and berries. Even fruits and vegetables from the grocery store can provide a gorgeous centerpiece. Nature can help you create a stunning, rustic table setting this Holiday season.

1
0 0

I decorate a little different every year - but one thing remains the same...I love using natural elements and more of a rustic style decor, which keeps everything fairly inexpensive. One of my favorite inexpensive "go to" ideas - is to force paperwhites. I bought about 25 bulbs and gathered up canning jars, striped bowls, and glass vases. For the bulbs in the kitchen, I planted all of them in different brightly colored giant italian tomato cans. Last year I also made a bunch of pinwheel ornaments out of old book pages and glued vintage buttons in the middle. Then I hung them from the tree with twine. Of course no Christmas at our house would be complete without heading outside and gathering pinecones and fresh greens and branches. I love to fill vases and jars with all of our finds.

1
0 5

My number 1 tip is to look at what you have BEFORE you buy anything new
When I get all the Christmas things down from the rafters I am always surprised at what I already have
Number 2 tip is Keep it Simple I buy a few rolls of new ribbon each year and that is how I change up the colors and make everything look fresh and new adding a few bows to a wreath or stocking is less expensive then buying new ones every year
Tradition is a big part of the holiday so get out the family heirlooms and use them to decorate don't let them waste away in a drawer or cabinet because they are too precious Bring them out for all to enjoy.Family Heirlooms are the real treasures!!!

0
0 0

With natural items such as food, branches and greens! When I was newly married and didn't have a large budget to spend on holiday decor, I used nuts, oranges with clove spikes and big bowls of pinecones along with holly branches from our yard. Living In Williamsburg, Virginia for several years just reinforced the idea that using fresh items is always appropriate and so festive. Add some glass ornaments in your favorite colors, either vintage or from a discount retailer and your're ready to celebrate the season!

0
0 0

Canning jars are super useful. I use them as candle holders - you can tie decorations on them for extra fun. I use them to hold desserts such as grandma's chocolate pudding. I use them for drinks. The really small size jars are nice to make taste size desserts. You can also usually score free greens anywhere that Christmas trees are sold. If you ask they usually have a pile of leftovers that were cut from the bottoms of the trees.

0
18 28

I might as well buy everything that is practical to serve and affordable to my budget.

0
0 36

My best cheap decorating trick is to use non holiday items in a Christmasy way, and use lots of them. For instance, I use every silver or glass candlestick in the house for holiday decorating, along with every white pillar, votive or tapered candle I can find. I also love those 'religious' style jar candles for around a dollar each. Clustered together, they make a big decorative impact during the holiday season. And did I mention lights? I use white lights mixed together in different sizes from fairy lights, to twinkles and even the big C9 strings. I also always stick with a simple color scheme. Mine's red, white and silver. And I look for holiday items all year long at flea markets and tag sales to add to my collection because I'm a thrifty girl. Fa la la!

0
0 0

My favorite cheap (free!) way to make your home feel warm, cozy and festive is to use live greenery from your yard. You can use one of those cheapo, thin, store-bought garlands as a base and add lots and lots of fresh greens to make it look full and expensive. Want to take it a step further? Use glittery spray paint on some of the branches to add sparkle, or add ornaments you already own. Another favorite tip to make your home feel cozy: use seasonal smells like apples and cinnamon. Totally sets the scene for a beautiful holiday season!

0
0 0

using what I already have in different ways- glass jars of all kinds filled with ornaments- going out and cutting fresh greens from neighbors farms for my bannister and urns,making my own ornaments,stockings and tree skirt from fabric scraps and felt.

0