When can I start feeding my child rice or oatmeal?

616 0

Start at 4 months with only cereal, make it more watery at first then start making it thicker when you think your child can handle it, itll be a few months. I thought Gerber.com was an excellent resource, I follow Gerber and they really are helpful. they give you tips on anything you wanna know. they also have a nurse line so that if you have a question(24hrs) they can tell you whats normal and what to expect. But at the earliest at 4 months. babies digestive system is not ready for cereal until then. If you give it too them early it can cause alot of discomfort gas, constipation. Good Luck!

0
6 0

I started mine at 1 and now she eats everything and also what i do is whenever i give my child cauliflower or broccoli I try to cover it with a low cheese sauce that way she wont become a picky eater

0
0 1

Every child is different. Most say at about 3 months...my daughter didn't start until the dr. said it was okay, my son started at 6 weeks, because he was wanting to eat alllllllllllll the time. I breast feed and supplemented 1 bottle a day and he was still hungry so the Dr. said I could give him cereal at bed. You should start with rice because it is the most bland.

0