When did you move your child to the front facing car seat & what are the weight recommendations?

10 0

according to the american academy of pediatrics, all infants and toddlers should ride in a Rear-Facing Car Seat until they are 2 years of age or until they reach the highest weight or height allowed by their car safety seat's manufacturer.

0
6 5

My son was two and almost 34 lbs when I faced him forward.

0
230 10

Um 1st how was it no longer safe for a 6 month to be rearfacing that makes no sense dangerous and illegal as for me my daughter was FF at 1yr i would never do it before then but i learned of the safety benifits of RearFacing and turned her back at 16 months she's now 29 months,27lbs and 37in and still RF and will until she's atleast 3 or hits the height of less than 1in above her head

0
2 46

My son is 14 months old and 21 lbs and still facing backward. We won't turn him until he's at least 2 years old, per the new recomendations.

0
28 34

Its all up to the recommendations in your area .. In mine it is 22lbs and 1 year, but I flipped my daughter at 6mnts b'cuz it simply wasn't safe for her to be back facing anymore. Check your local health unit or whatever and get some info .. ohh and Good Luck :D

-2