When is the right time to let your child go to sleep with a blanket?

0 0

0
3 12

i've always swaddled my babies (I have 3 girls almost 7, 5 and 14 months) until too big or they wriggle out, they have then had blankets, i've never had a problem with blankets my little one turns herself about in the cot and ends up on top of the blankets, but i have never found any of my children with one over their head. personally i prefer them to have sheets/blankets i didn't get on with the sleeping bag things. if my girls get hot they just kick the blanket down, if i check on them later and they feel cold i can easily cover them over again. you need to do what feels right for you and your family!!

0
49 4

My son just turned 1 in April. I've given him a blanket, well.. since day 1. He would usually be swaddled (until he decided he didn't like it anymore) and then I would use one of the light delivery blankets to cover him. My daughter was the same way, although we'd usually "tuck" it in at about the tummy, though after a while they'd kick it all up. Never had a problem with it, of course the horror stories of a child suffocating in a blanket are very real. I think it depends mostly on what you are comfortable with, though I also know a lot of pediatricians do not recommend blanket use until the child is at least 6 months old or longer; instead use pajamas or "wearable" blankets (sleep sacks?) that pose less of a suffocation risk. Although most of us were probably laid on our tummies, or given blankets, or bonnets, etc (or our parents) and we all survived lol. At six months, one of his grandma's bought him a very soft, semi-plush fuzzy blanket. He loves this blanket. He's been using it ever since. Everyone will probably have a differing answer on this one. I would say ask your pediatrician what he or she recommends.

0