When should babies get their first hair cut?

Whether you're in love with your child's locks or unsure about whether or not they will sit still, a child's first hair cut is an important event for many parents. How do you know when your baby is ready their first hair cut?

8 7

When you are ready! My first son had his hair cut quite early...he was born with a mow hawk of precious curls and I found it was falling in his eyes when he was getting around. Sadly all the curls have gone! My second son is 14 months, one week and still has no need for a hair cut as there is not much there. I suppose it is different for girls and boys but like everything else in Motherhood - just trust your instincts! PS The only difference between a good and bad haircut is a few months - hair does grow back you know!

2
137 96

For girls it can wait! As for my son he had a head full of hair. He was 3 monhs old when he got his first haircut! 8 before he turned a year! My son due in 10 days also has a head full if hair! When people start saying what a cute little girl to your son it's time! :)

1
137 96

Well for us it was! I realize in some cultures it's said to wait until his first Bday.!

0 0

My son`s hair comes down to half of his back when wet and everyone thinks he is a girl! Nevermind the thought we are living in 21st century! I`ve cut his bangs couple of times but for the rest no way! It`s far too curly and golden and georgeus and it doesnt bother him so I`m going to leave it for as long as possible.

1
127 31

My daughter's always had insanely long hair, so we had to start cutting her bangs at 6 months. She hasn't had a haircut (other than that) yet, and now at 2 years old she's got hair half-way down her back.

1
19 117

Evie had her first haircut a few weeks ago as her hair was getting ridiculously long at the front, poor girl! I tried clipping it back but she has a tendency to pull the clips out so we got it chopped instead. She looked a bit like Lloyd Christmas for a while haha :D

1
212 20

I think it depends on whether they are a boy or a girl. My daughter got her first cut when her hair started getting in her eyes.

1
0 0

If you want your baby to have healthy hair growth, regular trims are needed to start removing the baby hair. If their hair is growing uneven, in their face or tangles easily then it's time for a little trim. visit cocoscuts.com for more tips. Cocos fantasy studio is a trendy hair salon for kids and parents in southern CA and they are experts in first cuts.

0
1

If it's a boy they should keep it short letting it get soggy or long makes it look greaser and disgusting especially if there 6 months to a year old boys should not have long hair

0
0 0

Visit cocoscuts.com for more tips!

3 14

As early as needed - my friend cut her son's hair at 7 months. Here's her story:
http://horriblyirreverentmom.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/it/

0
0 0

cocoscuts.com offers great tips and its a trendy hair salon for the whole family! located in southern ca.

52 28

I think it depends on the parents and the child's gender. Some parents prefer their boys to have short hair. Thankfully I have a beautiful little girl and never saw a reason to cut it. She was born with longer hair, she's 2 now and it's down to her butt! She's never had a haircut and probably wont for quite some time yet. When she was a monthe old and it started getting in her eyes I just clipped it back, I wasnted her to get used to hair ties early so she occasionally wore them before that point as well. Of course around 6mos or so she started pulling on them but I would just put them back in her hair, there was no way I was giving her bangs that would hide her beautiful face. Then by 9mos it was long enough that she was wearing pig tails all the time! Personally I think little girls look adorable with long hair, and the more you play with it and do their hair as they become a toddler it's just the norm. She will sit upwards of an hour having me do her hair, voluntarily!

0
52 28

Sorry for the spelling errors the kitten was trying to help me type. lol

19 14

My daughter is 2 years old and still she hasn't cut her hair yet i love looking at her long hair swaying as if she's a lady hehe! and very innocent to look at..

0
2 2

My daughter is 2 years old, and has wavy/messy hair thats just starting to get in her eyes, its very easy to brush it away from her face, so I don't think we will cut her hair for a couple of years yet cause it looks much more sweet and innocent being a big pile of waves

0
3,053 42

Totally depends on when they have enough hair for it to be cut!!! My son was 13 months old when he had his first haircut =)

0
47 56

My son had his cut early! maybe a month or 2 old I do not remember any more. My aunt is a hair dresser and she insisted to cut it and said it would grow in more even and nicer later.

0
3 22

i also believe that the first hair cut should be done when it gets in their eyes.

0
12 57

I started trimming my little girls bangs in her early months when they were getting in her eyes. It really depends on the parent(s). I wear bangs, so it is the thing for me.

0
0 30

my son is 7 months and he has had 3 haircuts!!! his first was when he was only 4months. my sister is a traniee hairdresser so she gave it a quick trim as it was so very long!! its best to catch them in good mood or asleep!! but my son is easily entertained with toys and doesnt even notice the haircut.

0