Where do you discover new kid-friendly crafts?

1 0

I scour pinterest for craft ideas. I usually like to modify what I find to put a personal spin on it. I especially try to find craft ideas that link in with what my first grader is learning at school, the season and any holidays coming up.
Once I find a good craft idea on Pinterest I like to spend some time going through the blog/website that it came from for other ideas. I find that if a blog/website has one craft idea that catches my attention they usually have plenty more ideas that my kids will enjoy.

http://littlehiccups.net

0
0 0

Many of the ideas I have some from activities and questions my kids have initiated. I also love to read other blogs for inspiration and find that new ideas can arise during everyday discussions and experiences.

0
3 4

I am a big fan of pinterest, but most of the kiddy crafts we do at home come from old books. I found a great stash at my parent's house of old books from when I was a kid. These are my favorite to do with my littles.

0
0 0

Most of the crafts I do with my kids are crafts I remember creating myself in grade school or with my Mom. That's not to say I don't get my Pinterest on, too. But mostly, I try to remember things I enjoyed doing as a child & go from there.

0
0 0

I like to google ideas when I have materials in mind but not a specific idea yet. I love Pinterest and other family friendly sites like Circle of Moms, Family Circle, Free Fun in Austin and personal blogs from other stay at home moms.

0
0 0

Pinterest is a great resource but many times Mia and I will look around the house to see what we reuse to craft with like tin cans, straws, food boxes and containers, etc.

0
0 0

Most of my creative crafts are created on-the-fly out of whatever I have on hand. While Pinterest is great, I often find myself needing to purchase extra things in order to make those crafts, and that defeats my Eco-Friendly outlook. When my kids come to me wanting to make a fort, caterpillar, or to fly to the moon, I look around the house and think, from a child's perspective, of how I can reinvent what we already own into something new.

0
0 0

There are so many creative mamas with creative kids' craft ideas out there just itching to share. That's one of the reasons I've created B-Inspired Mama. To be a resource for us to share our creative ideas and to learn from one another. I find lots of these creative moms through Pinterest, Facebook, and other awesome kid-friendly blogs, like those in The PLAY Group.

0
0 8

I love browsing the aisles for art and craft supplies, which then give me ideas for things to create with the kids. I also collect day-to-day items, like bottle caps and toilet rolls for when my kids ask me to make something for/with them.

Our local library and playgroup also offer great craft activities for preschoolers and help me see what my kids are capable of.

Craft bloggers and Pinterest are also great sources of inspiration.

0
0 0

Mostly, I make them up as I go! Strolling the aisles of craft and discount stores inspires lots of ideas for crafts and projects for kids. This Kids Craft Series I wrote last year was inspired by browsing the kids craft section at my local craft store and finding inexpensive ideas using common crafting supplies:

http://makinglemonadeblog.com/kids-craft-camp-round-up-and-link-up/

0
0 8

Pinterest of course! I search my old pictures for items I did as a kid and ideas my mother has since she is so crafty!

0
0 0

The inspiration of new kid-friendly crafts can be from almost anywhere! You can find cute ideas on Pinterest, Family Fun Magazine, blogs, websites, even cereal boxes!

0
0 0

my daily missive from martha stewart's craft department, the magazine 'mollie makes', books of all sorts, or even something as simple as a walk through the woods, all spark creativity.

the world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. -e.e. cummings

0
1 0

A lot of our inspiration comes from things we see in Waldorf schools (my daughter's school being the biggest inspiration).We alsolove going to the library and finding ideas in craft books there.

0
0 0

Mostly we make them up - that's what we do after all! When we are finding ourselves lacking inspiration, we'll toodle around Pinterest to see if anything inspires us there, visit some favorite creative blogs, or take a peek on instagram.

0
0 0

I create or adapt new kid-friendly crafts by following my little ones’ leads, viewing Pinterest, blogs, and looking back to projects I did when I was a first grade & preschool teacher.

0
0 16

I love to browse Pinterest.com because there's such a wealth of ideas for all age groups, and I have discovered many great new creative blogs this way. I also have a few favorite books and magazines that are always on stand-by. For my two-year-old I like to consult The Toddler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner, and my six and seven-year-old love to make the crafts found in Family Fun Magazine.

0
0 0

I love to read blogs! Bloggers are so generous in sharing free tutorials and lots of ideas for kids and crafts.
I also browse Pinterest and CraftGawker when I have a few minutes to spare - so many gorgeous projects and ideas to be found!

0
0 0

Crafting is all about having fun. Therefore, it is very important that a child enjoys the craft he/she is creating. I find kid friendly craft inspiration through playful exploration. A recent activity, a book, a holiday, nature and a child’s interest is what prompts me to discover something that turns into a playful exploration and in turn becomes a craft project. Sometimes, if I am trying to teach something, I may associate a craft with it, which helps a child have a lasting memory and makes the learning process fun.

Then, off course, there’s this thing called the internet that I browse through time to time to find an idea and add my own spin to it to customize to the child’s need.

0
0 0

I try to find inspiration in everyday experiences to keep things fresh. My son is great at looking at things and coming up with his own ideas or modifying mine as well to put his own spin on things!
My mom always had a crafty idea up her sleeve when we were kids, and now she also makes crafts with her grandchildren over the webcam! It's such a wonderful way for them to have fun together when they are an ocean apart.
I keep my eyes open when we are out and about and if I see something interesting I think about how we could do something similar using the items we have in the cupboard.
I'm still old-fashioned and visit the library and browse through their books for inspiration, as well as old books handed down the family since the 1930s. Of course, when all else fails or I need something quick, I have a few web sites I've grown fond of over the past few years, or I search for specific things if needed.

0
0 0

There is such a wealth of inspiration all around me. I am fortunate enough to live among really creative beings: my husband and my children. They are the constant spark in my creative fire and their need and desire to create, learn, and try new things has my eyes and ears singularly focused on feeding that energy.

The wellspring of creativity that inspires me comes from my favorite seasonal celebration and crafting books, Waldorf inspired and myriad other crafting blogs, and my own intuition. We pay very close attention to the seasonal rhythms and festivals upon us and so much of our crafting is supported by those rhythms. Of course, a large snow storm will inspire a random act of craftiness that requires a quick wit and whimsy. So it is with any crafting inspiration, I suppose.

0
0 0

You can often find me on this little 'ol site called Pinterest, (www.pinterest.com/mtyam) pinning everything from kid-friendly crafts, meal ideas, to tattoo inspirations. A lot of my ideas come from crafts and activities I've done in the past, as well as spins of ideas I've seen done by other creative mom bloggers.

0
0 0

The crafts that we end up doing at home usually come about 1 of 2 ways. Either as a follow up activity to something we're reading about or something of interest at the moment, or by letting the materials we have on hand, inspire us.
Try going through a tub of recycled materials and see what your child can come up with! :)

0
0 0

I often find amazing craft ideas on other blogs, but also in craft books and at our children’s Waldorf school. I watch carefully to see what crafts and art materials my children gravitate toward, and then I try to build upon that. The kids often lead the way. Story books can also be very inspiring. I let the seasons and festivals of the year shape our activities.

Inspiration can come from many sources, of course, especially the natural world. I keep my eyes open for artworks and projects that use my favorite materials: wool, wood, watercolor, wax, paper, felt, silk, cotton fabric, paint, and nature objects such as pine cones, seeds, moss, flowers, wheat, vines, feathers, and rocks. I feel that these materials are warm, inviting, abundant, inexpensive, and pure, and working with them has a soulful, nourishing quality that I love.

0
4 0

Of course Pinterest is an excellent source for fun ideas and kid-friendly crafts. But I also get a lot of ideas from scanning the shelves at the dollar store, and online shopping at some of my favorite stores. Sometimes I see something I love and immediately think, "Hey, Sydney and I can make that!"

0
0 0

I don't know where my kid craft ideas come from. It is a combination of what my kids want to do and what we have on hand. Pulling out the play-doh, paints and crayons never gets old. Mostly I let their imagination lead the way. For holiday projects I might have directions.

0
0 13

One of my favorite sources for all kinds of crafts, including kid-friendly ones is Pinterest. My 4 year old son loves to browse through the images with me, and even has his own board called "Little Crafter's Pins" where we pin the things he wants to make. Another great source for ideas is Family Fun magazine; we look forward to getting the new issue each month and immediately sit down in the rocking chair together to browse through it and "dog-ear" the pages we like best. I follow CraftProjectIdeas.com on Facebook, which often posts fun kid-friendly activities we might like to try. And, of course, I also get inspiration from friends' blogs, from things I see in the store {like pre-made crafting kits}, and just from certain supplies we might find. I look for inspiration everywhere! Once we find an idea we want to try out, both of us are usually impatient crafters, so it doesn't take long before we gather or buy our supplies and make it!

0
0 0

Pinterest has become a moms best friend and worst enemy! There are so many great ideas that you can find on Pinterest for kid friendly crafts {amongst other things!}, either to use as inspiration for a craft or for things to try at home with your kids. Sometimes what you make doesn't always come out the way you pinned it, but the process of trying provides lots of learning experiences and wonderful memories for you and your kids.

0
0 0

i feel so lucky to have the resources, ideas, tips, and inspiration of (what seems like) the whole world at my fingertips via the internet! i follow lots of crafty blogs, and pinterest is always good for some new ideas.

0
0 0

Pinterest is my #1 spot for great projects to do with and for my daughter. Whether I follow the steps of a DIY exploit I find there from start to finish, or find inspiration to create my own thing, it's a bustling marketplace of ideas just waiting for me to give them a try. I love chipping away at my DIY board and sharing the results with my readers!

0
1 0

There are so many places to be inspired and motivated! From Pinterest, to other mom bloggers, to ideas passed down from my own family, I am always excited to discover new ways to keep my kids happy and learning!

0
5 0

I find wonderful kid friendly crafts on the Kid Bloggers Network board on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/playdrmom/kid-blogger-network-activities-crafts/) and link ups like the Read.Explore.Learn. on my blog.

0
0 0

I get inspiration from so many places. Much of my inspiration comes from projects I remember my mother doing when she taught Kindergarten, and crafts I remember making as a child. Sometimes, I look at a pin on pinterest and try to figure out how to do "my own take" on it. I have a few favorite blogs that serve as a jumping off place.

Most of it, though comes through trial and error. This past Christmas, I was determined to make salt dough handprints for J to send to his grandparents. However, the recipe I used didn't work right and we had a sloppy mess! (It was fun, but a huge mess.) So, I tried again, this time the dough was right, but it took longer to bake than the "recipe" stated - much longer. The hand prints that were supposed to be out of the oven at 9pm weren't done until 3 am. Then, of course, when it was time to paint them into the adorable reindeer that I had seen on Pinterest, my son didn't want to paint them that way. He wanted to paint them all his favorite color, red. Then, he added in blues, oranges, and yellows. They looked a little, how shallI I put this, like the rainbow had thrown up on them. But, they were gorgeous because he made them and was so very proud of them.

Which, I guess, is my ultimate answer to the question. I discover new, kid friendly crafts through my son. Many times, I imagine a particular project, put out the supplies and envision one thing in my head, only to have my son do something entirely different, but more special. He definitely inspires me the most!

(And, if any of us are going to do crafts with and for kids, that is the most important part, right - giving our children the opportunity to create and craft using their own trial and error, their own experiences, and their own experimenting.)

0
2 0

I really find inspiration every where. whether I am in a craft store, hanging out with my kids or on a nature hike, inspiration seems to find me. It's something my kids enjoy helping me out with as well.

0
0 0

Pinterest. Don't you love Pinterest? I find so many great ideas there. Other than that, I like to come up with my own ideas, adapt ideas I've seen or visit a variety of the other talented blog moms out there.

0