Where do you fall on the political spectrum?

0 0

Left, of course!

2
0 0

Left. How far left? Find Obama. Turn left. Keep going. I'm over there, in the distance, holding up a sign and shouting.

2
0 0

I don't know if there is a convenient label for my political views. It really depends on the topic, but for the most part I'm very left.

2
0 0

To quote the political philosopher Beyonce Knowles: "to the left, to the left."

When I have more time and space, I explain that I am a great fan of Western European-style democratic socialism. Paid maternity leave, Augusts off and all the croissants you can eat? Yes, please!

1
0 0

I'm a political and social liberal who tries to rein it in for a mainstream audience; I prefer to influence rather than alienate. Although I'm upfront about my personal beliefs, it's important for me to keep a two-way conversation going. (Nobody has yet been convinced by a shouting match.) When someone is surprised to learn I'm not conservative, I'm actually pleased since it suggest I've achieved some level of objectivity. I frequently cover women in politics and try hard not to be overtly biased against candidates who don't share my views. It's about moving women forward -- not tearing them down.

1
0 0

I'm left of center. Make that, FAR left of center. But all kinds of people read my blog, and I hear regularly from conservative readers as well as liberals.

I think that in our pursuit of rugged individualism, we're losing the idea of a 'common good' in America. No one wants to pay taxes, people seem to have lost faith in government, and the safety net is eroding. I'm deeply concerned about how this plays out in our lack of care for the environment and education, and the yawning gap between the poor and the extremely wealthy.

1
0 0

Hard left.

1
0 24

On the conservative end.

1
0 0

Overall, I'm on the moderate side of the progressive spectrum. I'm extremely liberal on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, and the rights of women and minorities. I consider myself a fiscal conservative but I also don't have a problem paying a bit more in taxes so that our most vulnerable citizens have the food, shelter, and healthcare that they need.

1
0 0

I'm a feminist. I fall on the left of the political spectrum somewhere between radicals and liberals.

1
0 0

My goal is to always see and respect both sides of the issue. I would probably be described as a liberal but I also have conservative leanings. I never just take a party line when I examine an issue. My goal is to try to see what is the right thing to do. I am a supporter of President Obama, but if I think he is wrong I will call him out. I don't carry a water bucket for either of the two parties. My blog gives me the opportunity to speak with people who don't always agree with my point of view, but as long as they are respectable it gives me the opportunity to have a real dialogue with them.

1
0 0

Parent choices about their children's education are most meaningful when the baseline is an excellent public education. K12 News Network believes that great schools are key to realizing the promise of the American Dream, an important partner to families, and an uplifting force in a child's life. We provide evidence-based research and informed opinion about school policies so parents and educators have tools to empower, nurture, and include every child. These tools are how parents and educators hold their schools, wider communities, and themselves accountable for providing the best possible education. We are proudly center-left in keeping with the great tradition that founded public education as a cornerstone of democracy, created to empower and enrich the lives of all Americans.

1
1 52

We're a group blog, made up of left of center and centrist Democrats.

1
0 0

I am a progressive.

0
0 0

MomsRising is a nonpartisan organization. Over 80% of American women have children by the time they're forty-four years old--and everyone has a mother. Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and other all have children--and all face similar economicy struggles. The fact is that having a baby is a leading cause of "poverty spells" in our nation--a time when income dips below what's needed for food and rent. We have a modern economy where three-quarters of moms are now in the labor force, but our public policies and programs haven't caught up yet from the 1950s. And the lack of family-friendly policies that most other nations take as a given impacts everyone regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum. As such, MomsRising works with lawmakers on the right, the left, and in-between to support public policies that will improve the economic security of families in the U.S.

0
0 5

I am a Christian conservative, and a registered Republican.

0
0 0

I used to be a Democrat until I realized they never solved problems, just made them worse. I'm a conservative because I believe individual responsibility and faith-based solutions in the private sector offer the most hope for the most needy, most often through a job.

I lean libertarian because I believe smaller government best respects the human spirit and leads to a healthy and generous society.

0
0 0

0
0 0

Left of center

-2