Where do you purchase your children's clothes?

Finding inexpensive but durable children's clothing can be difficult. Do you buy new or used clothes for your children? Where do you buy your children's clothes?

212 20

I get most of my daughter's clothes at garage sales. I am VERY picky when I go and I try to go out every weekend of the season. I only buy name brand items that are in pristine shape. We have had really good luck hitting the nice neighborhoods in town and going very regularly. My mom and I hit one garage sale where the woman (in a very nice neighborhood) was selling all of her daughter's clothes for a quarter a piece. It was all GAP, Children's Place, Gymboree, and Oshkosh, and Carter's. I bought an entire wardrobe for next summer for $12.50. That included dresses, shorts, capris, tanks, tees, jackets and shoes. I felt like I had stolen it from her but she insisted she just wanted it gone.

17
212 20

We got a new children's consignment store in town. Their prices are very low (1.50 for pants 2-3 for dresses, 1 for shirts) They only carry nice clean name brand stuff. I have had a ton of success finding stuff there. Even found her an Easter dress there from Dillard's with the original tags on it for 2.50!!

24 0

I personally can`t buy anything used for my son. I have no problem buying used things for myself, But for my son I just feel he deserves new things. Nothing against anyone who thinks otherwise, It`s just how I feel. I buy all my sons clothes on clearance (I even buy my own clothes on clearance). Every time I visit a store I always have to browse the clearance racks to see if there is anything he could use. I also buy clothes that are 2 sizes bigger, He can wear them now & also grow into them. I also love how kids shorts / pants have adjustable bands on the waist, it makes clothes last so much longer ! & By doing this I just accumulate clothes so as he grows older I won`t have to break the bank to buy new clothes because he no longer fits anything. His closet is filled with clothes that I bought months ago but he`s still growing into them. & when he grows out of clothes I post them on Craigslist for free for others who could use them. I never throw anything away that someone else could benefit from.

14
2 7

I agree,coz i did same thing.

116 0

I have 2 boys ages 3 & 5. Since they grow so fast I buy most of their clothes 2nd hand. We shop garage sales, Goodwill and Once Upon A Child. I also shop the clearance racks at department stores at the end of the season to stock up for next year. I have gotten so many name brand clothes in perfect condition for very little money. My kids are dressed very well but I spend very little and it enables me to be a SAHM.

11
19 34

amen Tara couldn't of said it better myself!

79 40

We have a Goodwill close to me and it is the biggest / best one i have ever been in. I get 90% of my kids clothes there. They are just like new and the first saturday in the month the whole store is half off. ITS HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

9
0 10

mini boden and gap kids, yup I spend too much money, but it is universally acknowledged I'm making up for my childhood (nasty ill-fitting hand me downs). This is only reinforced by totally strangers who compliment me on how adorable my little girl is. However, I do exhaustively shop the end of season sales for the next year (50% plus off) and wait until I'm sent coupons to shop.

7
0 0

Kristy- I love mini Boden and gap too! I starting to feel bad for not shopping garage sales. Now I feel better! Mini Boden pants can't be beat! I buy my older boy nice things because I know My younger son will be wearing them. You also can't beat Patagonia for jackets!

23 36

Costco!! They usually sell Carter for dirt cheap! I don't want to spend a lot of money seeing how my LO will only get a few wares out of something. I also hit Wal-mart for garanimals. Great for play clothes and most don't cost over $3! If I want something nice I look online or hit babies r us!

7
41 9

I get most of my sons clothes at a high end second hand shop. t shirts at Target or Walmart. I love the Old Navy stuff, but they don't seem to have the sales they used to.

6
0 0

Old Navy does have good sales. I got a pair of jeans the other day for $.97. That's right 97 cents. If you really like ON you gotta dig through their clearance to find what you want.

0 0

I shop for both of my kids at seasonal consignment events. Just Between Friends has GREAT quality for really reasonable prices. I usually by an entire season at these events. 95% of their entire wardrobe is second hands stuff. As fast as they grow it kills be to pay for brand new things with so many great consignment events in our area.
Stacy

5
14 0

1 word, online :)

5
4 18

Me and my family love to go the the Goodwill and other thrift shops. If you have a good eye you can come out with a gold mine worth of clothes and accessories for them.

5
1

I LOLLY WOLLY DOODLE - all the time!! Love there clothing and wonderful prices.....Super cute new styles!! Great company to find different items that you can't find in stores.

https://www.facebook.com/LollyWollyDoodle?ref=ts&fref=ts

3
0 21

For house wear clothing I go to Target but mostly I shop from Gap Kids, Childrens place, and Gymboree

3
0 16

Craigslist is the best bulk place usually for me with boy and girl clothes!

3
2 13

Garage sales are where i get most of my daughters clothes!!! Every now and then i'll splurge and get a cute outfit but usually it'll just be from walmart. Their stuff is cute and pretty affordable :)

3
3,053 42

I buy most of my son's clothes at Next, Primark, Asda, Tesco, Mothercare and Matalan as I find they last long for the price you pay =)

3
47 19

Same here! I love all the Disney stuff from Asda it's very cute! That's for my one year old daughter, my son on the other hand he's 3 an I like buying him all the character clothing from films he likes an stuff which I quite often find in Asda and tesco but when it comes to sports wear/trackies/trainers it's brands all the way lol

4 0

I have 3 kids. 14, 12 (girls) and 5 (boy)
I am proud to say that we as a family get the majority of our clothes from Salvation Army! (a few we have found on clearance from Walmart, Meijer or Elder Beerman where I get the employee discount on top of the yellow dot clearance prices.) I love to shop at the Salvation Army, I can drop off things at the back door we no longer wear or use and walk in the front to see all brands, all colors and in the hard to find sizes we need (my girls are size 0-3 juniors) I don't have to go to the exclusive NAME brand store to get Hollister and Abercombie goodies. I just go to my Salvation Army and get them there. My kids can dress in all the names and fads they want because I am not paying top dollar for them. LOVE IT!!!!

3
44 20

I tend to get my son's clothes at Gymboree and Children's Place. Sometimes I go to Baby Gap and Old Navy. For simple things like socks, I go to Wal Mart. When Sears has a big sale going on, I go there and grab lots of stuff (shirts and shorts in summer, and snowsuits in winter). Sometimes I find nice brand name stuff on online sales.

2
44 20

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also have a friend and a cousin who both tend to give me their son's hand-me-downs from time to time. They have given me quite a few cute stuff, and I don't mind hand-me-downs. I just like to buy new because I like him dressed a certain way, and I know when I buy new, I can pick out clothes I like for him to fit that look. But I am willing to accept hand me downs too.

5 15

My daughters uncle has a daughter they give me her good ol handy downs. They buy so many clothes they daughter never get to wear them cause she grows out of them quickly so she gives them to my baby. Besides the handy down I buy her clothes from Walmart, Once upon A child, Target, Citi Trends if I want some cheap name brands (I'm not a name brand person) but the clothes are indeed cute lol. BUT Walmart is my #1 store they always have sales and its cheap kids grow fast don't need to spend a lot of money on clothes!

2
3 18

I have 2 girls 18 months apart so Goodwill is awesome. I also check out the clearance rack at Wal-mart, Kmart, Target, and Kohls. Gently used makes up most of their wardrobe at this time. Mine too.

1
3 21

I buy my 7 yr old sons clothes from affordable stores like Ross, DD's , Dallas, Burlington cost factory. I only buy name brand clothes for him that's just a personal preference but these stores have brands at a very affordable price

1
3 21

I also go to crazy 8 and childrens place, you can find good deals there also

0 36

Online is great. Prices are less then dept stores. BeautifulBabyKidswear.com has designer clothing at great prices.

1
0 0

I loved that site. Shopped there until my kids outgrew it!

41 7

I'm a new convert to Rhea Lana's- It's a children's consignment sale, not a full time store though. It's held twice a year in my town for like 4 days each time...

The fall sale just finished, I made $100 off of their old clothes and stuff, and only spent $60 on the rest of their fall & winter wardrobes.

Other than that I shop the thrift stores pretty frequently to keep an eye out for the nicer stuff like Gymboree, and I buy new Garanimals stuff at Wal-Mart for play clothes.

1
215 16

im a lover of next sumtimes ill have second hand clothes but only if i no the person

1
0 0

I first buy cute pieces from Zara, H&M, Zulilly, Old Navy, Marshalls (occasionally), and Crazy 8.
Then fill in with basics and PJs from 2nd hand stores and Wal-Mart. If you can stay at least 6-12 months ahead and shop clearance sections for off season clothes you can get them REALLY cheap!

0
2 0

mommies .. please try to visit and purchase for your child's inner wear .. the most confy zone of the child's need to be basically happy and worry free from irritation and with the decent look for the kids :)

0
0 0

I shop a variety of stores. I usually rely on Old Navy or JCP for my son's jeans, but he likes the screen t shirts from Target. I can usually find some really nice things for my 2 year old at Once Upon a Child, but for some reason, not for my 9 year old.

0
0 0

Okay I am not a mum. I am a 12 yr old girl who shops at designer shops and all that. Places like factorie mink supre and more. You should let your children shop there instead of Kmart target and Walmart. Those places are so cheap and disguising. if you want ur daughter to be more popular shop for clothes at designer shops. And get the goof fashions. Not the skanky slutty ones. But the popular ones. Supre has small sizes up to 4xs. If you need help ask the friendly staff members. seriously. Don't buy clothes for them at Walmart. just eww..

0
2 0

I found very cute items and cheap on this website : www.babyziggles.com

0
0 0

Give children the best love ,I recommend this site www.busicn.es

0
8 0

I buy their clothes at once upon a child, gymboree, JC Penney, Macy's, Kohls, Carters, The children's place, and for my older girls; Victoria's secret pink, and justice. My 13yr old used to be very picky. She hated when she bent down the neck would go down and people could see her boobs. Even a training bra didn't help get her confidence back! We are still working on it but she seems to be comfortable in the brand SO. So we shop at kohls a lot because they mainly sell it there.

0
0 0

Once Upon a child , walmart, online, resale , & razberries & raizens

0
0 0

I love to purchase clothing for my daughter from Lolly Wolly Doodle. Pricing is very reasonable and the styles are absolutely adorable. Each time I go to their website or Facebook, there's always a new style available.

0
316 8

I buy my 3 year old daughters clothes from walmart, target, garage sales, goodwill and once upon a child!

0
0 0

WALMART AND RAINBOW

0
0 0

I have created an online childrens clothing store that resells clothing in great condition. We have great prices on name brand baby clothes.

http://www.anotherchanceboutique.com/

Check it out!

0
51 0

Since my girls were babies, I have gone to 2nd hand stores, garage sales, and bought end of the season clothes at sale prices. Kids grow so fast so I can't fathom spending full price on clothes they will grow out of in a short period of time. When they are teens, they can buy new clothes if they are reasonably priced. If they want the more expensive fashionable clothes, they can get jobs and purchase these clothes with their own money. While I would love to buy the cute new outfits from Justice, Gap, etc., I realize that these clothes will not fit in a year or so - to me that's not worth it. I have coordinated very nice outfits from various second hand stores and garage sales without anyone knowing they are second hand. I am very picky about what I buy. No one needs to know they are second hand but my wallet feels better when I need to buy them clothes.

0
353 0

Up til last year we used to buy consignment, thrift, garage sales, but now that she has hit 10 yrs old she wants to buy her own so we do everything from the consignment shops, Old Navy, The Gap, H&M, Justice, Sears, JCPenny's, etc. The list goes on and on. Whatever she decides she likes no matter where it is from.

0
42 0

THE MALL!!!!!!!!! :)))

I'm sorry it's not dirt cheap. I have three children, all in different stages of childhood. I have a tween daughter, a going-into-second-grade boy, and a pre-schooled aged girl. My favorite department stores out of all then would have to be Nordstrom, closely followed by Bloomingdale's. Both of them have WAY more good quality items than JC Penney and Macy's. My tween's top five are (in order) abercrombie kids, Aeropostale, Hollister Co., dELiA*s, and Forever 21. We do go to PacSun, Love Culture, American Eagle, Old Navy, H&M, and Gap sometimes. And VERY OCCASIONALLY, Target!

My son doesn't really mind where I get his clothes. Right now, I get them from P.S. for Aeropostale, Nike, Gymboree, and I might try getting him dressy clothes from abercrombie kids now.

My other daughter's biggest style icon is her older sister! Good thing my tween isn't working on the pole! I get her clothes from babyGap/GapKids, Old Navy, Gymboree, Janie & Jack, and OshKosh!

0
3 0

New Gap & Gymboree Sales! Cheaper than Walmart, durable, expandable waists, cute! Or once upon a child-Used!

0
42 0

I only have one daughter, so I allow myself to splurge a lot and not having to buy any 2nd hand clothes for her. If I had 4 kids, I might have another point of view. However, all of the brands I love can be found cheaper online so my favorite baby brands Carter's, Little Me, First Impressions, BabyGap, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Osh Kosh & Old Navy to name a few have great online shopping opportunities.

0