Which outdoor activities do you do on a weekly basis?

0 0

I love to keep active and outdoors doing a bunch of different activities throughout the week. I bike almost daily (with my two kids in tow) and as a family, we make time for a hike (or ski - depending on the season) or two, a run and lots of park time!

1
0 0

I have to get out on trails through the woods every week and as often as possible. We also enjoy mountain biking, gardening, raising animals, collecting interesting things, digging in the dirt, and going for long walks with our camera, a bag for collecting, and a pocketful of sugar cubes for the horses down the road. As soon as my kids get home from school, we head outside for some fresh air. I make outside time a priority. Homework, chores, and activities are all important, but time outside is just as important to me. Children need to be in nature in order to thrive. The same goes for adults.

0
0 0

We are incredibly lucky as we live on the coast in the UK so we go to the beach every day. There's nothing like getting on the sand first thing in the morning before everyone else arrives. That time of day is magical. Then, when the kids are home from school we always take a trip out in the campervan to another beach or cliff walk somewhere. They are still quite young so we can't cover too many miles before they start to complain, but we always stop to play games about pirates, treasure and fairies along the way.

0
0 3

I love running outside.

0
3 0

I usally take my daughter to the park, or we hang out in the pool. I also love walking with her around the pond.

0
2 0

On a weekly basis, I love to get outdoors to run. I really enjoy half marathon training on our local trails! And, I also can't get away from spending hours upon hours outside with my little one; she can't get enough of walking around at our local wildlife parks.

0
0 0

We enjoy walking and biking and in the summer, swimming.

0
0 0

I spend a lot of time outside with my girls, riding bikes and scooters, at the park, going for walks and swinging in our backyard. And I get off the treadmill and run outside as often as I can, usually a couple of times per week.

0
2 9

Our kids play lacrosse, soccer, gymnastics, and baseball. In the summer they do swim team. In the winter, they ski race. So in any given season, we are running from one organized practice or training to another. But when they’re off the clock, we like to hike and bike with the kids. We love to be outside, exploring in nature, even if it’s just collecting leaves for a craft or swinging in the hammock in the backyard.

0
0 0

Almost all my exercise is done outside. Rain or shine I run outside. I ride my bike a few times a week as well, however only for cross training, so I'm a pretty fair weather rider. I usually only ride outside if it's nice. But when it is I absolutely adore it. In addition to my exercise routine, I also spend as much time outdoors as possible. My kids and I go to the park multiple times a week. We walk to school every day. We do hikes and family bike rides whenever possible. We love being outdoors!

0
3 0

I run, bike and/or hike at least once a week, if averaged out over the year.

0
0 0

I take my daughters to a park, a forest , a mall! or a river for them to walk around. It is convenient for us to go there by riding my Mama Bicycle. Before visiting we talk about what we will do on the bike. After departing we talk about what was interesting. It takes fastest to go from my door to there of all the ways of transportation and we can talk everywhere, on the destination and on the bike. :)

0
0 0

We live in the big city, so weekly activities include walking, running and cycling. We do however try to get into the backcountry on a monthly basis where we broaden our outdoorsy spectrum to include multi-day paddling and hiking trips in the summer and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter. We love our provincial and national parks!

0
0 0

Well running with and without the stroller consumes pretty much all of my outdoor exercise right now - but there is a bike hanging on my wall calling my name saying "ride me! ride me!" I bought it about 3 years ago with plans to do a Sprint Tri but had no one to ride with. Now I have a great community of moms so I may dust her off and give it a spin ;) The hubs and I also LOVE hiking when we have free time together, and fishing is always in the plans when we head to the farm, beach or mountains.

0
0 0

I'm passionate about hiking in summer and Cross country skiing in winter. We get out as a family most weekends through the year. I'm just returning to cycling in the city and I love Zumba Fitness. I also do yoga each week and interval training at a local gym to build up my strength.

0
2 5

I love to run, bike ride, and play-anything outside with my son. In the summer you can find us doing anything that involves water. I also like to get on the trampoline and impress my kiddo with my jumping skills.

0
0 0

I run three or four times a week, play outside with my kids most days a week, and try to squeeze in at least one hike or lake swim in the summer or a snowshoe in the winter. My favorite way to exercise is running on trails, which I do year round.

0
0 0

When I'm not pregnant or otherwise indisposed I try to hike or mountain bike a few times a week. I also take lots of 'walks' with my kids and kayak when it's in season.

0
0 0

We try to get out and hike at least once a week - usually on the weekends. There are a lot of wonderful state and national parks close by, so we never run out of options. When we have long weekends, or vacations, we trek to another state and camp.

0
0 0

Rock climbing, hiking, running and biking.

0
0 0

I am a cyclist and a runner. I try to fit in 3 days of cycling a week. When the weather is warm enough, that means I am hitting the pavement on my road bike or a trail on my mountain bike. Since I live in MN, the winter months are spent on the trainer in the basement or at spin class. I also try to mix in at least 2-3 days of running. I will run outside all year (unless it is well below zero). I am not a huge fan of the treadmill and seem to get bored easily when at the gym. Let's face it, the scenery outside is always more captivating!
I also LOVE gardening and doing yard work. Each May we plant fresh flowers and a vegetable garden. This activity keeps me busy outside through September.

0
2 20

Including, but not limited to skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. Rock climbing, hiking, biking, and camping in the spring, fall and summer.

0
0 0

On most weeks you will find me hiking in the forests of Tennessee, jogging on local nature trails or taking a canoe trip down the Harpeth River. I try to get outside as much as possible and you will very often find my kids and hubby right by my side.

0
0 0

I have three children; boy/girl twins (11) and a girl (6). I run five days per week, always outside whether it is snowing in Minnesota or 120 degrees in Djibouti. During marathon training, I maxed out at 60 miles/week but usually run 30-35 miles/week. I have run two marathons and multiple shorter races. Sometimes the kids run with me, or bike along on the side.

We live in Djibouti, which is a small coastal country in east Africa. Almost every week my family heads to the beach where we build sand castles, sand alligators, or sand princesses, bury dad up to his neck, snorkel, cliff jump, ride camels, fight off hungry goats or donkeys, hike the hills, and try to avoid getting sun burned.

We also enjoy biking, playing at the park (though a lot of the playground equipment in Djibouti is broken!), impromptu soccer games in the yard, and working on our slack-lining skills, of which I have none.

0