Why does my son have major mood swings from antibiotics?

Have you ever had a child who developed serious mood swings while they were taking antibiotics? Why does this happen? What are some suggestions for parents who have a child that is experiencing mood swings while taking antibiotics?

1

My daughter has been on amoxicillin twice and both times she has had very bad mood swings almost as soon as she starts taking the med. my other kids never reacted to antibiotics this way.

0
1 37

There are some antibiotics that can cause mood swings. Particularly some that treat acne problems. There could also be a medicine interaction. If you think there is a problem check with the Pharmacist and your Doctor.

0
79 0

I have not experienced any mood swings when my kiddos are on an antibiotic. However, I would suggest mentioning something to the child's doctor because it could be an allergic reaction. Granted it is not a life threatening reaction, but it is just that, a reaction. Have the doctor try a different med. next time one is needed. Good luck.

0