Why is it I never had eczema until after my son was born?

Has anyone experienced having eczema only after having children? Do you know why this might happen?

41 0

I don't sell this product but a really really good product to clear up eczema.... diaper rash... any type of skin irritation is Skincerity. It is really really good. It acts as a liquid bandage. If you have trouble finding some let me know and I can direct you. Good luck :)

1
454 0

Humm..I broke out in hives, had dry itchy skin after my baby was born, but it was never diagnosed as eczema, and now I wonder...

But, I never had any skin conditions before my daughter was born.. I was even the pure faced teenager (no visible acne) .

So I thought my face was gonna fall off during this time.. I didn't put anything on my face because everything burned, but it went away within 5-6 mths. But it was my face and other parts of my body, and dish pan hands didn't help with the dryness..

1
0 0

They say your immune systems changes after giving birth. The same thing is happening to me and it's awful. I feel like it's getting worse. I can't get gel nails or acrylics anymore either I break out in a painful rash. Now I get horrible itchy rashes but my dermatologist said that it happens and skin has memory but there isn't anything to make it stop. Benadryl helps but makes me drowsy.

0
1

f

0
0 0

I was the same..it lasted for about a year and just on the palm of one hand. Then it just vanished until I had my 2nd son and same story-eczema on thr palm of the same hand andafter about a year gone. Guess what happened with my third son? Bingo same story lol...he's 7 months just about so I guess ive got a few months to wait

0
4 0

Oh dear Hon your story sounds exactly like mine! I just found the answet too! Check your baby wipes. If it has the ingredient methylisothiazolinone then throw it put! It is a horrible chemical that causes a reaction in many people. I used Huggies and it has that chemical in it. After just 4 days of not touching a wipe my hands have made an amazing recovery. Pampers wipes do not have this chemical. Good luck!

26 20

I ended up getting after having my twin girls. I still do but still comes and goes more so in the summer. It drives me crazy. I been using creams. I also work at a daycare changing diapers so it I'm washing my hands a lot.

0
0 0

I am a consultant for Arbonne International and I have seen a HUGE difference in my excema by using the RE9 and the Aromessentials Sea Salt Scrub. That is one of the reasons I decided to consult. If anyone is interested let me know. aprilwhite.arbonne@yahoo.com. Everything is all natural, gluten, soy, and dairy free.

0
0 20

I got it after each child because of all of the hand washingbathing, clothes scrubbing I was doing. Changing a newborn requires enormous amounts of hand washing! I noticed that if I took time to dry my hands really well after I washd them it wasn't so bad. I finally had to go to the doctor and get some cream to clear it up.

0
0 0

I did after having my third child. It developed on my hand inbetween my ring finger and pinkie. At first it just looked like really dry skin and then turned into eczema. My doctor said to use cortisone cream on it. I did and it went away completely after a month or so.

0
58 75

Nor did I - after having my first son it developed on my hands and fingers. At times it was terribly itchy and quite unsightly.
After a year or so it went away and I thought nothing more of it - until I had twins and then it was back even worse than before. I now realise that I am reacting to the baby wipes and then aggrevating it by having my hands in and out of hot water all day (having to wash hands, bottles, run baths etc).
Maybe yours is similar......good luck

0
0 1

I sell Rodan and Fields dermatologist products they are the creators of Proactive! They have a product line called Soothe and it clears up Excema! There have been people use it that others products didn't help and this Soothe cleared it up! You have nothing to lose because they have a 60 day empty bottle money back guarantee!! Ships right to your home in 2-3 bus days. www.tonyadavis.myrandf.com or jbdavis1977@hotmail.com