Elizabeth - posted on 06/13/2009 ( 1 mom has responded )
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Makes about 20 Muffins (Note – these freeze really well!)
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup 2 % milk
2 Cups all- purpose flour (or 1 each of all purpose and whole wheat)
½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ Cup butter, softened
2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Cups mashed bananas
1 Cup chocolate chips (mini chips work really well)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 12-cup muffin tins, or line with muffin paper
2. In a bowl, combine oats and milk. Set aside to soak.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add butter, eggs, vanilla and bananas to oatmeal mixture; stir until thoroughly combined. Add mixture to dry ingredients; stir until just moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until muffins are firm to touch.