Brenda - posted on 01/15/2009 ( 2 moms have responded )
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
1 cup shredded cheddar/Monterrey jack cheese
1 can chopped green chiles, undrained
1 TBS Southwestern Seasoning Mix (Pampered Chef)
2 plum tomatoes
2/3 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1-cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 375. Chop chicken & olives, place in a bowl. Add cheese, green chiles, mayo & seasoning mix.
2. Seed & chop 1 tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half
of lime to measure 1 tsp juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish.
Add chopped tomato & lime juice to chicken mixture.
3. Reserve 2 TBS crushed chips; add remaining chips to chicken
mixture & mix well.
4. Sprinkle a large cutting board with crushed chips. Unroll crescent dough.
Place dough, sticky side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly
so chips adhere to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange
triangles, chip side down, in a circle on round stone or pizza pan with
wide ends overlapping in the center & points toward outside. (There
should be a 5-inch diameter opening in center.) Using a medium scoop,
scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring
points of triangles up over filling & tuck under widest ends of dough
at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake
20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining
lime into 4 slices; cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring.
Cut & serve with salsa & sour cream.