Sharon - posted on 05/25/2009 ( 1 mom has responded )
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Ingredients (serves 8)
* 200g plain chocolate biscuits
* 80g butter, melted
* 1/3 cup cold tap water
* 5 teaspoons gelatine
* 500g cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup icing sugar
* 1/2 cup milk
* 150g white chocolate, melted
* 150g dark chocolate, melted
* 1 1/2 cups thickened cream, whipped
* 100g milk chocolate, grated
* cocoa powder, to serve
1. Grease and line a 24cm (base) springform pan. Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add melted butter. Stir until well combined. Use your fingertips to press into base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Place water into a heatproof microwavesafe bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 20 to 40 seconds or until gelatine dissolves. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in gelatine. Divide cream cheese mixture between 2 bowls.
4. Stir white chocolate into 1 cream cheese mixture. Stir dark chocolate into other.
5. Fold half the cream through white chocolate mixture and half through dark chocolate mixture.
6. Pour dark chocolate mixture over biscuit base. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully spread white chocolate mixture over dark. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Release sides of pan. Place cheesecake onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with grated milk chocolate. Dust with cocoa. Cut into slices with a warm knife. Serve.