ASHLEY - posted on 05/05/2011 ( 4 moms have responded )
3 cups whole grain elbow macaroni
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 large carrots
3-4 stalks of celery
1 large onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1/3 cup cornstarch
4 cups fat free milk
1/8 tsp salt
hot wing sauce 10 tbsp= HOT, 8 tbsp= MED, 6 tbsp= MILD
1 cup crumbled feta OR blue cheese
1. preheat oven to 400*
2. cook noodles so that they are slightly UNDER cooked, drain and set aside
3. chop onion,carrots, and celery in food processor... my family like the veggies really small but you could cut by hand for a chunkier style
4. heat oil over med heat add veggetables and garlic. cook 3-5 min.
5. add chicken cook until no longer pink on outside
6. whisk cornstarch and milk then add to vegetable chicken mixture along with salt. boil until thick enough to coat back of spoon.
7. remove from heat and stir in wing sauce
8. spread noodles in baking dish top with mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese.
9. bake 30 minutes, let stand 10 minutes
*top with sourcream or plain greek yogurt
* for toddlers I recommend no more than 5-6 tbsp of the wing sauce you can always add more to your own bowl