Need some recipes for home made pizza
When my boys were younger and still living at home, I used to make homemade pizza and they loved it! It was something special when we had pizza night! The crust I used was made from Bisquick. The recipe is on the box and is super easy! Then I would add the following:
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 pack pepparoni
1 can mushrooms or use fresh ones, sliced
sliced roman tomatoes
1 pk mozzarella cheese
1 pk cheddar cheese
1 jar pizza sauce
garlic powder or salt
I added the cheese after all the other ingredients. Brown in oven according to the directions on the Bisquick box. You'll love this!
Naomi - posted on 11/06/2009
EASY! ___________mama mia's THIN Pizza crust. is THE BEST (already prepared pizza crust, sold by the ragu pizza sauce (green lid is what we use), mozarella 2% low moisture kraft cheese is what we use. hormel pepperoni seems to be better than most. Anyway. that crust is awesome! THE SECRET is preheat your oven, and FIRST put the crust on the rack just a couple mins on each side before adding the sauce. Then and ingredients and bake. It will come out AMAZING.
**i like all pizza thicknesses, but my husband and kids who are pretty pickky about pizza all feel the Thin one actually is much better for some reason. It is not thin like you think,maybe just normal.
Cathy - posted on 11/06/2009
Hi Ann! How bout a variation of regular pizza in a pizza magic pocket! They are like mini pizza snacks - soooo yummy! I hope you will try this. If you like pizza, you will love this recipe. I copied it out of my Down Home Cooking without the Down Home Fat cookbook for you.
Pizza Magic Pockets
1 pound ground beef (eye of round) 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
3 (10-count) cans buttermilk biscuits
1 cup fat-free finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms or green peppers or combination of both
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
Garlic salt (optional)
· Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain and set aside.
· Spray two baking sheets with nonfat cooking spray.
· Flatten the biscuits into thin dough rounds and arrange 15 individual dough rounds on the prepared baking sheets making sure they do not touch.
· Lay the extra dough rounds on wax paper until ready to use.
· Brush each dough round with the egg whites and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
· Combine the ground beef, cheese, mushrooms, green peppers, and pizza sauce in a bowl, mixing until the ingredients are well coated with the sauce.
· Spread 1 rounded tablespoon of the meat mixture over the center of each dough round.
· Cover with the remaining dough rounds and brush the sides with egg whites.
· Seal the dough edges with a fork and brush the top with egg whites.
· Bake the pockets for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 15 servings (2 pockets per serving)
of course, you can add your favorite pizza ingredients!
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms