Dana - posted on 07/10/2009 ( 2 moms have responded )
* 3 lbs seedless grapes (red)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 8 oz sour cream
* 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
* 1/2 - 1 cup light brown sugar (adjust to taste)
* 1 cup granola (optional)
1. Wash and stem grapes; drain. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla till smooth. Pour over grapes; mix till thoroughly combined. In separate bowl, mix nuts and brown sugar together. (I use the maximum amount of brown sugar, because I love the mix of the flavor with the sweet/sour of the grapes.) Pour grape mixture into serving dish; sprinkle top with sugar and nut mixture. Chill and serve. This recipe makes a very large portion (suitable for a family gathering of 10-20 or possibly more, depending on appetites). Recipe may be halved. Keeps well in refrigerator for several days (if it lasts that long).
2. Warning: This stuff is addictive!