Amy - posted on 05/04/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )
So, I was posting this recipe in response to another member, and it made me really want some--alas, it's already 95 humid degrees in Kansas, and I won't be having any of this particular soup for a few months. But for those of you in, uh... milder...climates, ENJOY!
Baked Potato Soup
- 2/3 cups butter
- 7 cups milk
- 3/4 t. salt
- 12 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled (I use leftover ham or store-bought cubed ham when I want to make it heartier)
- 1 & 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (a little more never hurts!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 cups cooked potatoes, cubed (again, more never hurts)
- 4 chopped green onions
- At times I have also thrown in chopped carrots
Melt better, add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add chopped potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
* This works well using leftover baked potatoes *