Mariah - posted on 07/27/2010 ( 7 moms have responded )
I usually serve this as a side serving with a main dish of vegetables, but can be a dish all it's own. This is also a great dish to bring to potlucks since it's such a heavy dish a little goes a long way in the tummy.
Left overs generally keep for 5 days as long as it's stored in a good container and refrigerated within 3 hours of serving. If all will be consumed it's safe for 5 hours after serving. Reheat covered in microwave.
You will need:
8"x8" & at least 2" deep baking dish, glass dishes are best since the tots don't stick
Time: 50 min total, 15 mins prep, 30 mins cooking, 5 mins cooling.
3lb bag Tater-tots
1-2lbs ground Turkey 83/17 (substitute your choice / amount of meat)
2 cans condensed Campbell's Cream of Broccoli & Cheddar
or 1 can Cream of Broccoli & 1 can Cheddar.
1 bag shredded Colby Jack Cheese (substitute your choice of cheese)
1 stalk of fresh not frozen, chopped broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Neatly line the bottom of the baking pan with tater-tots, stack tots on sides as well.
3. Brown meat, drain, return to skillet
4. Mix the meat with the chopped broccoli & cans of condensed soup,
DO NOT ADD WATER.
5. Spread mixture over tots, should fill to the top of the tots stacked on the sides.
6. Add shredded cheese now for crispy crust or in the last 5 mins of baking for gooey cheesy crust.
7. Place dish in center of oven & bake for 30 mins or until tots are golden brown & throughly cooked.
Add desired portions to the plates and let cool for 2 mins before serving.