- If you're looking for a delicious side dish, try Nancy R.M.'s "American Potato Salad".
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt, Greek-style recommended
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 7 to 9 minutes; drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a fork, mash yolk from 1 egg with vinegar until smooth.
- Add yogurt, mayonnaise, relish, sugar, salt and pepper; stir until blended.
- Add potatoes, celery and onion to bowl; toss to mix and coat.
- Chop remaining egg white and egg; gently fold into potato salad.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.