- If you're looking for a fruit recipe, try Heather H.'s Apple Crumble.
- 1/2 cup of butter or margerine
- 1 1/4 cup of self raising flour
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp numeg
- 8 apples
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5
- Fork together the butter and flour until it has a breadcrumb consistency. It doesn't all have to be little crumbs but most of it should.
- Add 3/4 cup of the sugar, set the rest aside, and fork together making it even more crumby.
- Add the oats to the mix and set aside.
- Peel and core the apples, slice into thin strips and put into a medium oven proof casserole dish, keep adding apples slices until the bottom is completely covered.
- Add the cinnamon nutmeg and sugar to the apples and mix till evenly distributed.
- Put the crumble mix over the apples and bake in the oven for 1/2 hour or until crumbs are crisp.
- Allow to cool and serve on its own or with custard or ice cream.