- Holidays are a time for family, friends, co-workers, etc to get together for fabulous meals! My favorites are those girls only luncheons! I really like twice baked potatoes but these Apple and Pecan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes blow them out of the water. They are sweet, nutty, smooth textured, and taste out of this world. They give a new spin on Sweet Potatoes and are sure to impress your guests!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup. chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Place on a foil-lined 15 in. by 10 in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Or bake in the microwave 8 to 10 minutes ( make sure to wrap in wax paper before sticking them in the microwave).
- When cool, cut a thin slice from the top of each potato; discard.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Transfer pulp to large bowl.
- Mash with butter, brown sugar, and orange peel. Fold in pecans and apples.
- Spoon into potato shells and put into baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Review This Recipe
normanRoss - commented on Oct. 23, 2013
my best friend's mother makes $67 an hour on the internet. She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her pay was $19342 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this website ......www.max38.com