- I created this Applesauce and Spiced Cider Muffins recipe while trying to figure out what to do with the last cup of applesauce my toddler wouldn't eat. Being a chilly Fall morning, I added some warming spices and seasonal apple cider to make this a perfect Fall breakfast muffin recipe!
- 1 c applesauce
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c apple cider
- 2 & 1/4 cups flour (divided)
- 1/2 c brown sugar (divided)
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (divided)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp butter (cold)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- Mix together applesauce, oil, egg and apple cider in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1/4 c brown sugar & 1/4 c white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Fold in egg mixture until just moistened (don't over mix).
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, about 2/3 full.
- To make Streusel topping: In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 c. flour, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces and combine into flour mixture until small lumps form. Sprinkle Streusel mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.