- This Asparagus Fettuccine recipe makes for an easy treat that is both tasty and satisfying.
- 1lb. asparagus
- 4 tbsp unsalted margarine (I usually substitute this with olive oil)
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (I usually don't measure this–I like it will more nutmeg)
- 1lb fettuccine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Place in saucepan, cover with water and boil until barely tender Drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp margarine (or olive oil–I usually put all the oil in at this point and skip the oil later in the recipe) in large skillet, add asparagus and nutmeg. Saute until heated through.
- Cook fettuccini until al dente (firm to the tooth). Drain and add to asparagus. Add cheese, pepper and remaining 2 tbsp margarine (or olive oil). Toss until well mixed and margarine has melted.
- Serves 4.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 318 kcal
- Fat: 17 gm
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Sodium: 369 mg