- This Baked Pasta recipe makes for an easy treat that is both tasty and satisfying.
- 7 ounces dried cavatelli (or any type of pasta)
- 12 ounces uncooked italian sausage links, slice 1/2 in thick, or lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pepper
- In a large skillet cook the sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown; remove from skillet. drain.
- In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 3/4 of the cheese and the pepper. Add teh cooked pasta and sausage mixture. stir gently to combine. spoon the mixture into baking dish.
- bake, covered at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until nearly heated through. uncover; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted