- This is one recipe that my kids adore! They eat every single piece of chicken. it is so crunchy and delicious but way healthier than a typical fried chicken.
- Here’s What You Need: (Serves 4)
- 1 ½- 2 ½ lbs drumsticks
- 1 cup fat free ½ & ½
- 4 tsps of Buttermilk Seasoning (From Penzey’s)
- 2 cups Kashi 7 Whole Grain Flakes
- 2 tsps of garlic salt
- 1 tsp each smoked paprika and onion powder
- Here’s What You Do:
- Pour the half and half with the Buttermilk Seasoning into a large zip lock bag and add the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Preheat the oven to 400. Pulse the cereal in the food processor, leaving some big pieces. Then add the spices to blend. (If you don’t have a food processor feel free to crush the cereal and the spices together in a plastic bag.) Place the cereal mixture on a large plate and then shake off the excess buttermilk dredge the chicken into the cereal, pressing to coat. Lay a rack on a baking sheet covered in foil and line up the chicken pieces, leaving room between each one. Give a spritz of non-stick on the top to make it golden brown Bake for 45 minutes and check to be sure it is done by cutting into the thickest piece. If it is not continue baking for up to 15 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.