- I love that there are few ingredients and it’s easy to make. It’s pretty tasty and a nice change of pace. It can make quite a mess as the maple sugar caramelizes. Make sure to use a pan that is easy to clean!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch of scallions, white parts only, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 split chicken breasts with ribs, skin removed
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper and stir well to blend.
- Place chicken breasts in a 9-by-12-inch baking pan and pour marinade over them, making sure they are well coated.
- Roast at 450F for 12 minutes. Baste with some of the marinade.
- Increase oven temperature to 550F and roast for an additional 12 minutes, or until chicken is opaque and juices run clear, and glaze is beginning to caramelize.