- I made this one day just out of the blue, because I love bananas and I LOVE Cheesecake. It came out amazingly good, and creamy. Not as rich as some cheesecakes can be.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine butter and cookie crumbs; press evenly into the bottom of a greased springform pan, chill.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 6 hours.