- Smoothies are a favourite for the young and old. As summer approaches try adding some oats to your children's smoothies. Oats add a nice flavour and can make your smoothie a complete breakfast helping you stay fuller for longer. It’s perfect for breakfast on the run or perhaps it’s one that a fussy breakfast eater might enjoy.
- Nutrition Note: Oats are high in soluble fibre, important for bowel health and helping to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- ½ mango
- ½ banana
- 2 heaped tbs plain or vanilla yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats (optional)
- Peel and chop your fruit.
- Combine fruit, yoghurt, milk and oats (optional) in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Tip: Using frozen bananas will help make your smoothie nice and cold without needing to add ice cubes. Perfect for summer.