- If you're looking for a sweet breakfast recipe, try Corine D.'s "Banana Waffles".
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in milk and eggs until mixture is smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour two tablespoons of the waffle batter onto the hot waffle iron.
- Place two to three slices of banana on top of the batter and then spoon another two tablespoons of batter on top of the banana.
- Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.