- Try out this delicious Beef Noodle Casserol recipe submitted by moms, for moms.
- 1 pound of groud beef
- 1 Package shredded american or chedder cheese
- 1/2 small green pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Can of cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup
- 1 small bag of egg noodles ( Can use about a half of a large bag if thats all that is available)
- Chop green peppers and onions and saute them lightly for about 2 minutes in a little bit of bacon greese or vegetable oil.
- Brown Hamburger in seperate pan and then add to the peppers and onions when completly browned.
- Cook egg noodles untill very soft and workable
- Take a medium to large casserol dish and at the bottom put a thin layer of egg noodles.
- On top of that put a thin to medium layer of the meetpepperonion mix.
- Next add a thin layer of cheese.
- Do the last three steps again....Egg noodles, meatpepperonion mixture, cheese.
- Finally take your soup and add half a can of water. Cook on cook top untill it comes to a boil.
- Pour the soup over the top of the casserol as evenly as you can.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour or untill the cheese on top becomes brown.
- I find this is really good served with bread and butter that is toasted or toasted garlic bread)