- If you're looking for a hearty beef stew recipe, try Sharon Y's "Beef Tips & Rice".
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I recommend Low Sodium)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix (I recommend Low Sodium)
- 1 cup water
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Saute the onion until almost translucent.
- Add the stew meat and cook on high heat until meat is browned on all sides; about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups water, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the skillet. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Combine the gravy mix with 1 cup water. Mix thoroughly and stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.