- This overnight oats recipe was developed by a swiss physician for his patients. It is a great healthy summer time breakfast for you and your kids.
- 2 cups/150g rolled or quick oats
- 1 3/4 cups/420ml milk
- 1/4 cup/60ml apple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 apple, cored and grated with the peel
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups/375g plain yogurt
- Toppings : your favorite fresh and/or dried fruit, nuts, toasted coconut, etc.
- Our favorites: blueberries, strawberries, raisins and hazelnuts
- Combine oats, milk, apple juice and lemon juice and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning add the grated apple, honey (to taste), and yogurt and mix well.
- Top with your favorite fruits and nuts.