- What to serve when you or your guests are craving burgers??? These Black Eyed Pea Burgers definitely hit the spot! And they have zero cholesterol while remaining low in fat and calories. Instead they offer your body a powerful nutritional punch, so eat up!
- 4 cups black eyed peas (soaked and cooked for 1+ hours)
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (I used a combo of basil, oregano and parsley)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed, ground
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Puree or mash all ingredients in a food processor.
- Form patties by hand and cook until slightly browned on a flat griddle.
- Serve with ketchup, tomatoes, onions and watercress or with Annie’s Goddess Dressing.