- If you're looking for a sweet breakfast recipe, try Laura H.'s "Blueberry Muffins with a Crumb Topping".
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped nuts (I usually use almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare muffin tins with muffin cup liners.
- Prepare the "flax eggs" by first grinding the flax seeds. Add the water to the ground flax seeds and blend together until it starts to thicken up a bit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the "flax eggs", milk, applesauce, vanilla and sugar. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold together. Gently stir in the blueberries and nuts. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.