- This quick and easy Baked Ziti recipe will keep your kids fed and happy for DAYS!! I like it best the next day heated up, so pack it for lunch!
- - 1 pound dried ziti pasta
- - Kosher salt
- - 3 1/2 cups Ragu Old World Style Marinara sauce
- - 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- - 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano
- - 1 pound fresh mozzarella, half cut into 1/2-inch cubes and half thinly sliced
- - Freshly ground black pepper
- - Pinch of crushed red pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously, and boil the pasta until al dente, tender but still slightly firm.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the Ragu Old World Style Marinara sauce, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the pecorino, and the cubed mozzarella pieces.
- Season with the black pepper and red pepper to taste, and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the pasta to an oiled 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover the top of the pasta with the sliced mozzarella, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until lightly browned and hot, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.